Your most expensive knife...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
My first self build knife that i'm putting together at the moment, blade and wood for the handle has set me back £65, thus beating my favorite knife that i paid £45 for ready to go. Will it be worth it? hope so:D Reckon the hole thing will have set me back about £100 in total once it's finished, as it's my first knife i've a lot of bit's to buy (sand paper, epoxy etc etc) so we'll see:umbrella:

sc_barker

Forager
Aug 23, 2006
Leicester
The most ive spent in one go was on a large classic sebenza with mammoth ivory inlays at $600.

P1020897.jpg

dont have it anymore though.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
My most expensive single purchase was for a pair from Rick Frigault. The Basadie and Chinto with walrus ivory and S60V in a piggy back sheath with an extra sheath for the little Chinto cost me $600 all together.

253806-FP4.jpg

253808-FrigaultSet.jpg

I paid right near $400 for a model 5 folder from Ernest Emerson and my Sodbuster from Gene Ingram so technically they are my most expensive knives, but I had to really scrape and scrimp to put together the money for the Frigault pair.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Purchase wise, probably my BFK. No picture as I still haven't got it! :rolleyes:

As for most expensive, one of the three Bernie Garland knives, although not sure which is the most expensive. Knives made by a friend tend to be priceless.

;)

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
large classic sebenxa with micarta inlays- only cost me £150 though

also a prototype 12c27 and chechen burl skinner from toby, i think it was about the £130 mark, but i can't remember.

both get used often

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
You guys got some pretty knives for sure!

I never had an expensive knife, but i did pay a fella £20 to put a highland cow horn handle on a favourite old mora, so i guess its worth £25 now :rolleyes: lol

Priceless to me tho

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Once you've used a knife that meets and/or exceeds the criteria for the task, its value becomes priceless. Comparing a 15$ mora fillet knife to a 150$ handmade edge makes you realize the equality of their function and then the price limits of their formed materials.
...Collecting is a different story:D

If you need another knife, support your custom knifemaker when it falls within your budget:1244: ... you'll never be sorry whether it's an investment for use or profit.

I have to agree with you tho Joonsy... some of the prices tagged onto some makers knives are absolutely ridiculous. Viva la mora!

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
outdoorknife_72dpi.jpg

Designed by Christof Hagen, made by Muela and sold by Victorinox, cost £45. It came with a set of instructions and details about the knife which are in pdf here: http://www.gosos.com/OutdoorKnife/Images/OutdoorKnifeAnleitung04English.pdf

Like the look of that.

Damn, need to hide wallet again.

The most expensive knife I own, would be my leatherman charge xti they go for £118, but it was a present, and she only paid £58 for it.

It would be a tie for what I think are the too most expensive knifes my Cold Steel Bushman(really nice knife, but never seem to use it so waste of money), and my SAK Huntsman(only have it so can carry a sharp under UK law.). They both set me back about £20.

Once I start earning the right sort of money this thread will be embarassing because my collectable list is expensive. From a use point of view nothing knife wise is going to beat the Leatherman unless I buy another multi tool, but the just to own stuff is scarely priced.

The most expensive knife I own is one that I purchased recently. It's a Chris Reeve's Shadow IV. It's made of A2 tool steel with a 5.5 inch blade along with a hollow handle. The knife is made of one solid piece of A2 so any concerns of the blade breaking from the handle is not a worry. I have some water proof matches and a fishing kit in the handle. I purchased it for $260.00. Great knife.

from the point of money it would be whether my leatherman supertool, purchased august 2000 in krautcountry for 160 DM or my beloved "puma" for52 (t)euro in 2002. but as it has saved my live and is a good companion on all my trips(in fact i'm never and nowhere without!) i would'nt sell it for citizenship of the best and most beautyful country of the world and a million bucks!!! nor would i give up my leatherman...

"disappointed by the monkeys, god created man. then he renounced to further experiments." mark twain

Apr 28, 2014
kent
My most expensive knife is my Wilkinson Sword CSK185 Dartmoor Knife. worth around 350. But all my blades are worth over 100 GBP . You need hard waring tools when you wild camp for weeks on end :)

If your ill prepared your never prepared:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE