Your Best Bushcraft Bargains? Top kit you got for peanuts.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I think my best bargain I have had recently is my paramo velez adventure smock.

Amazing bit of kit, it is in immaculate condition, I paid £40 for it off of here!!

A close 2nd though is my artic dpm smock, £6 off ebay and I absolutely love it, along with 2 dirt cheap army wool pullovers!!

Great bits of kit.

Cheers
Steve

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nope; RTI Military Surplus

A great store, no affiliation..

TurboGirl took me to that warehouse last year. I was like a kid in a candy store! Came out with 2 large bags full of stuff. It's a goldmine folks it really is, and extremely reasonable prices too. No affiliation just a very gloating, bargain laden and very satisfied customer.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Leatherman supertool, gerber diesel, 40mm grenade ammo tins and a steel mug. All FOC thanks to the MOD! Found on a training area, unit must have been bumped during a night ex. Bonus!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
A few years ago I went to a "Beast Feast" at a local church (not my own) It was a supper of wild game killed by members of the congregation. I don't remember the exact price of the supper but it included entry into the drawings for door prizes that had been donated by local sporting goods stoes. I won an Old Man tree stand (which sold for about $120 at the time) for the price of my supper. Similar to this one:

send.php

My priest won a new compound bow although I don't remember the make or model. I'm sure he's putting it to good use now as he's since moved to Colorado.

Last edited:

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I got a set of Timberland Goretex boots reduced from £130 odd to £35 inc next day delivery. They where a return due to a 2cm scuff on the heel and the fact they're a clown size 13.5! I don't think I'll ever be so lucky again.

crucible

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2011
vancouver bc canada
My best bargains have been:

- got 4 Mora knives for a closeout price of £5.00 for the lot.

- Found a Mora camp knive in the backcountry just off a trailhead- the wood handle was rotting away, but I rehandled it and put a bolster on it that I made from Canadian dollar coin.

- scored a Swanndri Mosgiel jacket on ebay.uk for under £70.0, then had the added bonus of not having to pay for shipping because I discovered that the seller was local.

- Found a Petzl Tac Tikka headlamp in the snow, along with a pair of Giorgio Armani spectacles- thought they might have been attached to someone who might also be buried, but a thorough search with my avalanche probe showed nothing, so they
probably fell out of someone's pack at a rest stop or a ski crash.

- Finally, last year I decided to get into archery, thanks to my daughter showing an interest in the sport after reading and seeing the "Hunger Games". I managed to get a free bow and archery lessons from one of my friends who is a semi-pro archer;
he competes nationally in FITA tournaments. His mentorship and coaching have opened me up to a new sport and martial art.

Last edited:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
I got a Xero 350 from eBay, Brand new but without packaging/stuff sack, RRP was £280 but I got it for £160.

I emailed ME and they sent me replacement compression and lofting bags free of charge :)

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
Some kit supplied by a former student, it was bought by the MOD for Afghan and never used, and was due for the bonfire. He was kind enough to chuck some stuff in a couple of boxes and post them to me. The rest of it his blokes found a way to 'spirit' back to the UK and ended up on Ebay.

Karrimor SF Sabre 45; PLCE pouches for same; 2 Multimat self-inflating mats; Jetboil kit; Etrex GPS that I haven't worked out how to operate yet; couple of quite nice gonk bags.

I bought him a pint in exchange.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Brand new green and O/D Sprayway Gore-Tex jacket from charity shop- £10
BNWT Highlander 33l pack from Oxfam- £10
Mountain Hardwear Grid baselayer- £4
Baffin Doug Stoup polar boots delivered from the states- £75 all in
Orange Sympatex waterproof, charity shop- £50p
2x Cashmere sweater, charity shop- £4
Sabre side pouches from surplus shop- £4
BN Lowe alpine reversible base layer, charity shop- £4.50
Lidl Angorra base layers-£7 each

Buggane

Jul 30, 2012
Isle of Mann/ Liverpool
a box of tinder free from the woods, all i had to do was pick it up :p no no no in all seriousness I don't think I've actually had a bushcraft bargain of any note, hence my empty wallet haha

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Merino double bed sized blanket for 50p - OK it was bright orange until I dyed it - but still a bargain!
The next orange Merino blanket I found had had a strip cut off one side reducing its width by about 4" - and that one cost me £4! ... rip off .... ?:)

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Nice fine, unused as far as I could tell, whetstone for 50p. Way finer than 6000 grit waterstones, hardly need to strop after using.

Dave

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Where to start? Thanks to car boot sales I have been very lucky with my bushy stuff. Off the top of my head the following have been hoovered up by me at the Ketch car boot sale in Worcester:-

3/4 Army style Thermerest £2.00
442 Dual fuel stove with cover and Coleman dual fuel lamp both unused £35.00 for the pair
Army Bergan very fresh looking £10
Basha £4.00
Army Poncho (newer type) £4.00
Camelback DDPM £8.00
F1 stove + Gas £5.00
Army Goretex Jacket very fresh looking and fatty sized!! £5.00
Milbank bag £1.00
Esbit stove + Fuel £1.00
OD Bergan side pouches + Harness £5.00
Camping Gaz cooker and lamp in the boxes with unused gas £6.00 the pair
Ordinary Arms rucksack in great condition £3.00
Leather portrait shaped satchel 50p
Leather Australian Stetson £2.00
Vango tents several models that retailed at over £100 I got for around £13.00

Loads more stuff but details escape me at the moment. I will update as I think of them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE