Your Belt Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Whats the two knives in ya rig goatboy?

The smaller one is a stainless laminate Karesuando Boar which I use only slightly less than my Opinel and is especially good in the camp kitchen and to my eternal shame I can't remember who made the Damascus blade. :eek: But I'm slowly changing the scandy grind angle as it was pretty obtuse. But it has one of the comfiest handles I've used.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hahaha, would be odd when I go back to the hospital and instead of a new cast on my leg there is a kitten!

Here are the tins I was talking about before goatboy:

image_zpsc81d4668.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice collection Cam. I do like the copper one - such a nice metal. I have a copper kettle for the stove that is my fave. I was really impressed with the quality of flint and steel in the kits, good sparks nearly every time. I have an old antler rimmed magnifier loupe in my tinder kit, will post a pic up some time, nice wee thing. So they all presents or you just like tinder boxes? Might make a good thread actually seeing what folk keep in them?

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Nice collection Cam. I do like the copper one - such a nice metal. I have a copper kettle for the stove that is my fave. I was really impressed with the quality of flint and steel in the kits, good sparks nearly every time. I have an old antler rimmed magnifier loupe in my tinder kit, will post a pic up some time, nice wee thing. So they all presents or you just like tinder boxes? Might make a good thread actually seeing what folk keep in them?

Would be a great thread! I just love tinder boxes, but the middle one was a gift, even if I picked it out :)!

Would be nice to see a picture of the magnifier, I love all things fire related, I've managed to accumulate 7 steel strikers so far, another on its way! It's fair to say I'm addicted :p.

Davedon

Apr 24, 2012
Selkirk
Being a bit round in the middle I have enough problem keeping my trousers up at the best of times so I put this together for my belt kit.
myquqe8a.jpg

ebepuqe8.jpg

etyna3am.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Would be a great thread! I just love tinder boxes, but the middle one was a gift, even if I picked it out :)!

Would be nice to see a picture of the magnifier, I love all things fire related, I've managed to accumulate 7 steel strikers so far, another on its way! It's fair to say I'm addicted :p.

I think as you've a head start on shear volume of boxes and a bit more time sitting down you should kick of said thread then!:rolleyes:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Being a bit round in the middle I have enough problem keeping my trousers up at the best of times so I put this together for my belt kit.
myquqe8a.jpg

ebepuqe8.jpg

etyna3am.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

That's a nice side carry on the little pouch Davedon. Do you ever feel a bit self conscious with it as it looks "partly concealed" as if your hiding something. (I am genuinely curious as I always worried if I did it it would look more weapon like?). I do think it's very neat though.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Heres mine, I tend to change the load out to what I am doing, so I thought I wouls show the differnt Items I use.

On the belt I have a sliky saw, possibiltys pouch, axe on belt loop, and a trusty clipper,

I also have another knife that I use for archery, a chopper/small machette. The other pouches carry fire starting kit with flint and steel, hand gel in the double one in the single pouch is a small ouch kit.

ATTACH=CONFIG]24629[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 1383597225186.jpg
    1383597225186.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 58

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That' s a nice set up Stu, like the ammo pouches, used to have a Spanish leather pouched ammo bandolier in lovely leather like that, got lifted at a shoot though. Was annoyed. Nice kit.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
That' s a nice set up Stu, like the ammo pouches, used to have a Spanish leather pouched ammo bandolier in lovely leather like that, got lifted at a shoot though. Was annoyed. Nice kit.

Thank you.. I do like the ammo pouches, i got a bulk buy a few months ago from a guy I know that has a surplus business.. Still have a few left, they are used, nowt a good re-dye, and polish would put right, I changed the sam browns for snaps as I like them better, may clean them up and sell them, lol.

It really nark's me off when people cant keep their hands off kit.........

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I like the possibles pouch where did you get it?

Its a charity shop buy from the 2nds bin...think it was under £1...lol.. But did need a repair and some work, it was like a purse, and the colour was a pale cream.....I added a brass D at each side, one was to hang a wistle for archery, the other was a spare... I did some cutting and restiching, added a couple of loops and dangler D's on the back, and refinished it..

Its smaller then I want but I like it...

Davedon

Apr 24, 2012
Selkirk
That's a nice side carry on the little pouch Davedon. Do you ever feel a bit self conscious with it as it looks "partly concealed" as if your hiding something. (I am genuinely curious as I always worried if I did it it would look more weapon like?). I do think it's very neat though.

Never really thought of it that way. Used the knife as a neck knife for ages which when you think about it is partly concealed when its under your coat.

Cheers

Dave

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Never really thought of it that way. Used the knife as a neck knife for ages which when you think about it is partly concealed when its under your coat.

Cheers

Dave

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah it's maybe just me, hang up from the 80's when it was still survivalsm and I didn't want to look too Rambo and hidden side carry though it makes more sense to me can look quite intimidating to some - why they use it in movies I suppose. Nice though. I suppose I could get a seax and that would be two wishes in one. :D

sgtoutback

Nomad
Jun 29, 2010
Near the fundy
100_7926_zps514782df.jpg
My old set up.
Small pouches hold firelighting/navigation stuff
Big pouch holds space blanket/emergency poncho and survival tin.

Am currently using a different set up, will take some pictures and post them when I get the chance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE