You know you're a bushaholic when....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Do you find yourself incorporating bushcraft into everything you do?It seems I do.
This morning I went to feed my dog,a Siberian Husky.I prefer to cut her food up to prevent her from burying it and so she'll eat it right away.
I was shaving slivers off a piece of frozen northern pike with a cheapie knife when I just couldn't help myself.....fishstick?:yikes:
Yeah,I know,I have far too much time on my hands:eek:
Three things learned:-the knife is good
-fish doesn't make curls as well as wood
-too much time on a person's hands can make them do strange things
Indulge me,please.:)
IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D :lmao:
Brilliant, what a way to make kedgeree :cool:

Carrots work too, so do parsnips :eek: and if you do it down the edge of a bit of leek leaf and put it into cold water it opens up like a wee curly fan :D

cheers,
Toddy

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
And you feed that to your dog?

what a waste of nice fish

Actually,it's been in the freezer for quite awhile & is far from fresh.At one time here,everyone with dog teams fed their dogs fish.Nets were used year round for feeding both dogs & their owners.
My dog will not eat dog food,& by the smell of that stuff I don't blame her.She get's moose,caribou,fish & sometimes beef.
That's just the way things are here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE