you don't need trees

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 16, 2007
This is me inside the police cordon on CBRN duty for Operation Glencoe (G20 summit) at Stanstead airport. was a hot and long day and I had my patrol pack in the car so I was allright jack and everyone else had to sleep on stretchers or sit in lawn chairs.

DD hammock with modded straps and rings and a 550 paracord ridge line.

Hammock.jpg

Keep hanging.

PS also had my tilley hat.

fast but dim

Nomad
Nov 23, 2005
lancs
lol: i'm a fireman, and just found out a lad on another watch carries his hammock all the time in his helmet bag, great idea! there's never anywhere to sit when you are hanging around.

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
i thought taking photos of the police was enough to get you arrested on terrorist charges.

i hereby demand you arrest yourself.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Hi Swampy,

As someone who works thereabouts I'm glad you folk were there...but much relieved that your CBRN watch left you lying in your hammock.

Cheers,
Steve

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
reminds me of a thread years ago with photos' of hammocks in use in areas from illegal to down right dangerous areas.

examples included hammocking from motorway road signs, advertising boards, and off the side of huge bridges!

Dec 16, 2007
Ventile teppee? you mean the new NHS decon tent better than the bouncy castle we had before and the coffee press. Weble strip light fill the bottom up with water and it wobbles but will not fall down.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE