Yesterday morning, bright sunshine...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yesterday morning was lovely, like an early summers day, and the week we've had has been glorious, I get up this morning and the world is white, kids are excited until they realise it's hail everywhere! I'm just wondering if anyone else had the same sort of experience or this is an isolated incidence :D

I nearly took a picture and then thought that was daft, taking a pic to illustrate we had hail!
Maybe we should have a weather thread, where we just put in the weather by us, it would be a good comparison...

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Wet snow and hail here in West Sussex. It’s really cold out too, I’m not looking forward to walking the dogs.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
"
NewWet snow and hail here in West Sussex. It’s really cold out too, I’m not looking forward to walking the dogs"

What an amazing place this country can be. I'm in East Sussex, working outside in 'T' shirt and jeans, on an outboard motor. The tatty old Thermometer reads just under 58 F...(12 ish C ? ) I came in to make a brew and saw the West Sussex weather....:D

temporary pic upload

Reactions: Nice65

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
We had a few flurries while it was still light last night - I went out at about ten to nine to get some coal and came back in looking like a snowman. Kate, seeing me, wrapped up to go and feed the (outdoor) cats, stepping out of the door probably two minutes after I'd come in - by which time it had stopped!
We had a slight covering on the car this morning at just after 5am and a few further flurries while in work but nothing serious.

Lets see what tonight brings!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
We've got two or three inches on the ground up here, and it's still coming down quite heavily; windstill, though, so no drifts. I hope it doesn't hang around for long, we've got a yup of new-born lambs about the place.

Reactions: Nomad64

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well - the BBC online weather forecast for our village says we are having/have had sleet showers ... but since before dawn it has actually been steady snow - wet, nasty snow that is not sticking on the roads but has turned our garden white to about 0.5 inches deep.
The old sayings about a "Blackthorn Winter" are more accurate than 21st century weather forcasts!

Reactions: Nomad64

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
" wet, nasty snow that is not sticking on the roads but has turned our garden white to about 0.5 inches deep."

The problem with this Beach Cafe is they're so slow... I ordered that ice cream ages ago...:laugh:

Ok, I admit not quite, but it is sunny with blue skies, if a bit breezy..:D

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
We've got two or three inches on the ground up here, and it's still coming down quite heavily; windstill, though, so no drifts. I hope it doesn't hang around for long, we've got a yup of new-born lambs about the place.

An inch or two here in mid-Wales. :)

36CD7429-2D60-49DC-B451-4337E500AE5E.jpeg

54C64264-C8EC-4362-A611-AD09DB3041B5.jpeg

Reactions: Toddy

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Rain and more rain the last couple of days, when the sun comes back out there's going to be a huge growth spurt, leaves and grass everywhere :D

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
As I type this, it's around 32°C and sunny, and the humidity is starting to creep up.
Another month or so and it'll be 50°C with 100% humidity, which is why I'll be in the UK for a month....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think I'd turn into a puddle....

Oh me too.
I couldn't take that, I really couldn't.

It's been a beautiful week here, unfortunately though there's been a constant icy cold wind blowing and overnight frosts. That changed late yesterday and the wind is warm, and feels like it's carrying rain.
The longer days are a real pleasure even if they are cold :) Birds are nesting, garden's growing like a wee jungle, every fruit tree and bush is in bloom and the bees were busy before six this morning.
The world's a much cheerier place :D

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE