XLFB 3 Season sleeping bag advice lmao!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
How do

I'm looking for a good quality lightweight sleeping bag for my nights in the woods or hiking etc etc.

Here's the kicker - I'm a big boy lol (make of that what you will)!! Now for the truth, I'm a big lad i.e 50" chest and 40" waist and im only 5'10" (I'm actually fitter than you may imagine). Me thinks I may need an XLFB sleeping bag lmao.

Any ideas as I know naff all about sleeping bags and the little research I have done its looking like a mine field.

Any suggestions except for the diet one that is lol.

Please don't ask what XLFB is, I cant reply to that I will be get banned!!

Cheers
Kev

Apologies to the mods if the XLFB thing is inappropriate, please do remove it if so!!

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Look at the snugpak range... you can get an expanda panel for them or their elite range has a built in expansion panel.

Only word of advise about them, aim for a higher rating than you think you'll need as I personally think they're a bit generous with their rating system.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I too am not built like a greyhound. But you'll fit into most bags unless they are technical ones. I recently bought a 2 season mummy bag, and am quite comfortable in it. Its a robens xtra lite 900.
At first I was expecting to have to get a gelert sleeping pod or a fishing bag.
Best bet, go into a shop and 'try it on' that's what I did.
I think the shop lost a few customers that day with a big, bald, bushy handlebar moustache sporting guy rolling on the floor in a sleeping bag, sweating and cursing.

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE