WWII Leather Jerkins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Anybody got a WW II Leather Jerkin (Leather waistcoat lined with wool). If so, are they any good or a waste of money?

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
I got one last year. Very, very hard wearing. Very windproof. I just gotta loose some weight to get back into the darned thing. Could do with pockets though, as it's impossible to get to your jacket pockets when buttoned down...

martin

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
CHeers Neil1 that would be great. :biggthump

I've been thinking of getting one for some time but have always found them difficult to track down. I know that Silvermans are producing a replica pretty soon but they havn't any idea of the cost at present.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Yes, got two :biggthump used to wear them when I was a teenager ( Shut it,no jokes :nono: ) The two I have, I have never worn.............WW2 are collectors pieces.

The nice I have always liked about them is the fact that they are great garment to wear in the winter as you can swing a hook/chainsaw allday without being restricted across the shoulders and that they cover your lower back and are thorn proof.

Be intersted to know if you can get hold of any Leon :super:

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Adi007 said:

Cheers Adi007.They certainly look value for money. I saw them at the Wilderness Gathering. Not quite the same as the WWII spec though. The WWII spec has a leather back as well not the nylon mesh on this one. They also, from what I can gather, have a wool lining. May seem to be trivial differences but when your'e getting stabbed in the back by thorns whilst hedgelaying etc. these differences suddenly seem very important!

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Wolfie,
Sorry for the delay in replying, I have found out a little more about the jerkins. The a WWII Belgian Issue, brand new and very simmilar to the UK version (slightly different colour & metal buttons), he only has one size (large?). He should be getting some used british ones in too at some point soon. Price is £30.
If you are interested I'll PM you a contact number.
Neil

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Neil1 said:
Wolfie,
Sorry for the delay in replying, I have found out a little more about the jerkins. The a WWII Belgian Issue, brand new and very simmilar to the UK version (slightly different colour & metal buttons), he only has one size (large?). He should be getting some used british ones in too at some point soon. Price is £30.
If you are interested I'll PM you a contact number.
Neil

DOH! :banghead: I've just bought one for £40 from here www.goldingsurplus.com

Thanks for looking. I think I'll stick with the one I've got. By the time I send it back in the post etc. I'll probably end up spending the same.

Cheers Neil1, Sorry if I've wasted your time.

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Wolfie said:
I know that Silvermans are producing a replica pretty soon but they havn't any idea of the cost at present.

I've since spoken to Silvermans and they reckon that they'll cost about £150 - £200 :Wow: :yikes: Suddenly the £40 I paid for mine doesn't seem so bad :rolmao: . I think if you're lucky enough to find one in your size, buy it! I like them but wouldn't spend that much on a replica once the originals are gone

The one I got is in pretty good nick. Its obviously had some previous use but overall isn't too bad considering that its over 50 years old.

Can't wait to try it outside.You can really feel the warmth as soon as you put it on.

Only a couple of whinges. The neckline seems to be cut quite close to the throat and may be uncomfortable for some. Secondly, the brass buttons may not be to everyones taste and can be a bit awkward to fasten. I may think about changing these, possibly for the slotted buttons found on the new combat jackets.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE