WWII Gas mask bag dimensions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Hello all,

I'm interested in a new possibles bag that is based on the WWII gas mask bag, but I don't know how big a WWII gas mask bag is... :rolleyes:

Can anyone help me out with some dimensions?

Cheers
Hellz

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Hi Hellz.

Have both here the Nomad Travel and 2 original WW2 bags.........can measure what ever you want?

Cheers.

Jack.

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
steven andrews said:
Hellz, is it the bag you're considering?:

http://www.nomadtravel.co.uk/store/customer/product.php?productid=19522

If so, I have one and could measure it or take some pictures for you.

Jack said:
Hi Hellz.

Have both here the Nomad Travel and 2 original WW2 bags.........can measure what ever you want?

Cheers.

Jack.

That's the one, if someone could wave a ruler near it that would be ace! ;)

What do you guys think of it, does it make a good possibles bag?

Thanks very much,
Hellz

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Hellz said:
That's the one, if someone could wave a ruler near it that would be ace! ;)

What do you guys think of it, does it make a good possibles bag?

Thanks very much,
Hellz

Hi Hellz.

Yes they do, I wore mine all around Prague last week and had everything in there, passports, cash, Blackberry, tickets, water, hats and sweets :rolleyes:

Really comfortable and has loads of internal pockets.

Go for it!

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I'm impressed with mine. The zip is a useful addition to the vintage respirator case as it stops anything from finding its way out of the bag.

I'll get some pics for you...

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Well, that's me persuaded :D

It's something I've been considering for a while, as sometimes a rucksack just seems a little OTT for those shorter jaunts into the woods.

Thanks for your help guys
:You_Rock_

cheers,
Patrick

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
A mark VII bag is 10" x 9" x 3" the earlier mark VI is the same size but has string attached to one side and an anchor point on the other (and will cost a little more) ive had mine for a good few years and its lasted well. I changed the press studs for toggles as they are more accessable. Currently carry my flint knapping tools in it.

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

Nick

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Hellz,

Hang on a minute. How about a Raider bag (under 'Essentials') and you can get it Nomad as well.
Raider.gif
It’s about 13” long by 11” wide. It has a main zipped compartment. In front of that there’s a second smaller zipped compartment but also running along most of the width of the bag. The very front has a mobile phone and pen compartments. The cover closes with a buckle over the length of the bag. This also has a zipped container on the inside of the cover, but you couldn’t get bulky items in it.

The bag is made of 12 oz canvas, and is all lined with water resistant material (not unlike thin rubber). The shoulder strap is also canvas and is adjustable. The advantage over the Gas Mask bags is the addition of back straps as well as the shoulder strap.

The back straps are slightly padded and you can adjust the length. If you’re not using them, you just unclip them and they stow away in (yet another) zipped compartment at the back of the bag. The male clips are plastic but the female clips are metal.

Pablo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE