ww2 aircraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

y2keable

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2005
northumberland UK
www.livejournal.com
contestpicsmall.jpg

was at the northumberland show a few weeks ago saw this plane flying round realy low. was wondering if anyone know's what it is.

cheers

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
going to sound like a spotter know!!!

Douglas C-47 Dakota serial no.ZA947 of the Battle of Britain Memorial flight, based at RAF Coningsby.

I'll go get my coat :D

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Well that answers my question then !!!! - talk about findings answers in unexpected places :D

Yesterday I happened to be in the garden when a Dakota and a Spitfire flew over, side by side.

Now I've seen the Battle of Britain Flight a few times (been dragged to a lot of airshows in my time!) but this was the first time I've even seen a Spitfire accompanying a Dakota! I never knew there was a Dakota in the BofB group!

Thanks for answering a question I didn't even think to ask!!

Bob :)

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
A few sundays ago I was out in the woods when a Lancaster flew over at just above tree height.Started to think about time warps and the like.
It was a strangley thrilling experience as it was so unexpected.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
1 Lancaster, 5 spitfires , 2 hurricanes, dakota and a chipmunk. Not a bad line up.
There was a heart stopping moment at duxford, when one of hurri's was taxiing, and the undercarriage collapsed. That was quite sad to watch...

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I was travelling in Canada and came upon a large farm with an estate sale sign. The family were grumbling about all the 'junk' a late uncle had accumulated. I wandered about behind the huge barn. There they sat in a tidy line, 5 Fairy Swordfish! I couldn't afford to buy any, even at the family's ignorant asking price. I did make a phone call to a local flying club who rescued the lot. Years ago Adolph Galland was at an airshow and flew one of the Spanish BF109s. The announcer was all excited when he did barrel rolls right off the deck. What few people will mention is that Battle of Britain ace S/L Lacy was right behind him in a spit matching him move for move after jumping him :D Actor Cliff Robertson owns two Tiger Moths at a country airport just north of me. But what I want is the rumoured 60s vintage Rolls Royce in new England somebody stuffed a merlin engine into. I've heard from several drivers of corvettes, Ferarris etc. who tell of this behemouth coming up behind them at speed and passing them like they were parked. :eek:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
When in the Air Force,
The BBMF would often visit when doing their round trips of airshows. I was lucky enough to be starter crew on several occaisions for them. Also got a good look around the Charles Church twin seat Spitfire before it crashed.

Aah memories

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE