WW1 BRITISH OFFICERS STOVE (picture heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
Very nice work there.

I have a small nesting stove similar in design to yours; I got it as new surplus from the War and Peace show some years ago.

It's about 4 1/4" (11cm) diameter and 3 1/4" (8cm) high when packed. It is made from chrome plated brass I think. The burner is meths I assume, with a wick instead of Trangia type jet-holes.

I think it may be French or Belgium army surplus. At a guess it may be from the 1930's ?

I'll try and get a picture in the next couple of days if someone could post it on the thread for me.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Very impressive. goodjob:You_Rock_

That leather case looks dead authentic. I've got some old family bino's from the first world war, in their original case, and you've nailed the colour and look.

Last edited:

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
That is one gorgeous bit of kit :bigok: ... and I love the memories from Lt Cleeve
The memories came from this book Forgotten voices of the great war
Very nice work there.

I have a small nesting stove similar in design to yours; I got it as new surplus from the War and Peace show some years ago.

It's about 4 1/4" (11cm) diameter and 3 1/4" (8cm) high when packed. It is made from chrome plated brass I think. The burner is meths I assume, with a wick instead of Trangia type jet-holes.

I think it may be French or Belgium army surplus. At a guess it may be from the 1930's ?

I'll try and get a picture in the next couple of days if someone could post it on the thread for me.
That would be good of you to put up some pic's of yours stove

Very impressive. goodjob:You_Rock_

That leather case looks dead authentic. I've got some old family bino's from the first world war, in their original case, and you've nailed the colour and look.
It took some time to get the colour right ish

And to the rest of you guy's, thank you very much for the comments.

Cheers Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE