WTB: Hammock Karabiners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Wheres the best place to buy 4 karabiners suitable for use with hammocks?

Thanks Jon
Ebay search for Carabiners and then select the climbing section, you can get 25KN Carabiners for a couple of pounds.
There is a few sets of '4 Carabiners' for under a tenner

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Try and find a climbing club.They have to dispose of theirs when they have a fall or if they become damaged.These are ideal for hammocks as they are under nowhere near the stress that they are rated for.

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
How can you work out which ones on eBay are strong enough to hold the weight of a hammock? I need 4 but tbh it's not worth spending £30 on.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
How can you work out which ones on eBay are strong enough to hold the weight of a hammock? I need 4 but tbh it's not worth spending £30 on.
go to ebay search for Carabiners then check out the climbing section, most of the used/ secondhand screwgate type 25KN Carabiners would be more than strong enough to hang a hammock from.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Decathalon sell very good light ones cheap. They are all rated on the item and theres a guide in the shop. Got mine from there and some non climbing ones for keys and bits for the underslung line.

Just a thought, but does anyone use a mallion rapide, rather than a karabiner, seeing as you don't really need the sprung gate?

These tend to be cheaper than karabiners, and in some cases smaller (whilst still being usable) hence there could be a weight saving?

I've had a quick browse online but couldn't find any spec.'s re. strength, size & weight to compare to the climbing krabs.

(I use climbing krabs as I already had them going spare.)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE