WTB a Leather strop....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
go to leprevo and buy a belt blank, glue it rough side up to a piece of wood and then add some autosol or flitz to it, you can get it from halfords.

if you can't/don't want to do it then send me the money for the leather, polish and postage and i'll sort it for you

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
It's worth looking around markets and car-boot sales. I recently got a barely used razor strop for 70p. New they are about £25.00!

Dave

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Something like that, but i want the strop to be quite long, at least 20'' so i can get long strokes on either side.

I think i will just have to buy a decent leather belt and go from there.

rancid badger

I've got 2 for sale, £12.50 each +£1.50 p+p
they are 26 inches long by 2 inches wide and just under a 1/4 of an inch thick.
One of these would last you a lifetime all you need is some solvol or similar as previously described.
If your interested I can post a picture or two.
cheers
R.B.

rancid badger

here you go:

P7160004.jpg

These were made for sale but were put away and forgotten about
P7160001.jpg

Not the prettiest thing I've ever made but solid and practical:D
P7160002.jpg

nice and thick and you can pop the thong around a tree branch or the back of chair, thread the strop through and strop away to your hearts content.
The stamped decor was one of my first goes at stamping so it's basically carp and there is a little bit of water staining again from the stamping but otherwise ok very good quality hide too.

Anyway as I say; for sale if you want one;)
best wishes
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE