WS Micarta on evilBay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
Jake Rollnick said:
Thats the most (need a more superlative superlative) ridiculous thing i have ever seen. Someone should email the buyer, tell him he's being ripped off!!

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

If that's the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen, then you must have lived a very sheltered life, old son. Who is being ripped off? Presumably the winning bidder wasn't being forced to bid. Presumably, he'll be getting a decent knife for a few quid more than he might have paid for it. So what? I've done far more stupid things than that!

Burnt Ash

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Caused a bit of a stirr! :lol:

I just think that the guy might be relieved to find out, but then i realised he's bound by contract so telling him will only make him feel bad...and don't worry i didn't email him!

Burnt Ash said:
If that's the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen, then you must have lived a very sheltered life, old son. Who is being ripped off? Presumably the winning bidder wasn't being forced to bid. Presumably, he'll be getting a decent knife for a few quid more than he might have paid for it. So what? I've done far more stupid things than that!

Burnt Ash

Well, i wasn't being entirely serious old son. Just struck me that if someone obviously knows of this knife, and that it is good, then he should also know that it can be bought, new, from a completely safe source; RM. :wink: :wink:

cheers.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
E-Bay becomes daily more ridiculous and I doubt the current series of TV adds are going to help.

In the areas I dabble in (Mil. surplus, radio equipment, outdoor gear, penguins & Landy bits) it's almost totally useless now. You get the odd "diamond", things that just can't be purchased anywhere else, but run-of-the-mill stuff seems almost invariably to go for the same price, or more than from an established retailer. Generally without the same level of service in event of a problem and, I'm sorry to say, with an ever increasing risk of being totally scammed.

E-Bay is one of a very few existing sellers markets that I can think of.

Still use it though. :shock:

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
What beats me is how someone who is searching for Ray Mears on ebay, doesnt think to search on google as well before spending over hundred pounds on a knife. Its not as if his shop is hard to find you know, google for ray and his site is top of the list!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
OK, I'll come clean, I SOLD IT. I didn't know it was going to get that much money, I was hoping for around £70. Since I was one of the loons who paid £270 for an Alan Wood, I don't feel too bad, and I have sent it Special Delivery and included a DC3 with it.

As much as I'd love to have stopped the bidding at £70 :shock: I couldn't :lol: so I couldn't rip him off, eBay is becoming mad!

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
Jake Rollnick said:
Well, i wasn't being entirely serious old son. Just struck me that if someone obviously knows of this knife, and that it is good, then he should also know that it can be bought, new, from a completely safe source; RM. :wink: :wink:

Oh, agreed, absolutely!! But, on the general scale of idiocy ...a pretty minor offence?

Burnt Ash

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
P7perfect said:
OK, I'll come clean, I SOLD IT. I didn't know it was going to get that much money, I was hoping for around £70. Since I was one of the loons who paid £270 for an Alan Wood, I don't feel too bad, and I have sent it Special Delivery and included a DC3 with it.

As much as I'd love to have stopped the bidding at £70 :shock: I couldn't :lol: so I couldn't rip him off, eBay is becoming mad!

I wouldn't worry about it mate, you just put it up....it's the bidder that bid and if they want to pay that much then it's up to them. Clearly a daft thing to do but hey such is life.

Very generous of you to include a DC3 with it, does the buyer know just how generous that is? ? ? (retorical question).

:wink:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
It's not the seller we're questioning! :lol:

*add in responds to Burnt Ash*

(of course! :biggthump)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE