WS Micarta on evilBay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Bidding is at £82 already and then there's the final rush of bids to account for....postage is £4.50

You can get these brand new for £96 from Woodlore themselves.....think if I really wanted one I'd rather buy from woodlore for a few quid more than risk this one off ebay....unless it's one of us selling it and then we'd know it was ok :eek:):

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I've been watching it for a few days. I was wondering if we should have bets on it selling for more than a new one :eek:):

Nothing seperated quicker than a fool and their money.

Bill

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
bambodoggy said:
Bidding is at £82 already and then there's the final rush of bids to account for....postage is £4.50

You can get these brand new for £96 from Woodlore themselves.....think if I really wanted one I'd rather buy from woodlore for a few quid more than risk this one off ebay....unless it's one of us selling it and then we'd know it was ok :eek:):

Or you can buy direct from Wilkson Sword.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Oooooh my God, what have I done?! :wink: LOL

Too true, if they sell them at Woodlore for £95,- :wink: - I would buy it from them (or direct from Wilkonsword).
When I saw it, I immediatelly placed it on the forum - for you knifaholics :rolmao: :nana: - didn't knew what the new price was ...

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Thats the most (need a more superlative superlative) ridiculous thing i have ever seen. Someone should email the buyer, tell him he's being ripped off!!

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Do I win the bet then, sold for £10 more than a brand new one. You could make quite a profit buying them from woodlore and selling them on ebay. :eek:):

Bill

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Gary said:
Or you can buy direct from Wilkson Sword.

I had a mad urge to buy a Dartmoor a few months ago (the urge has passed now thankfully) and I phoned Wilkinson Sword who plesantly advised me that they do not sell direct to the public and only through their distributors.....who do you know there that will sell you one then and do you get a discount? lol :wink: :eek:):

Seriously, I don't know if I just sounded dodgy on the phone but they wouldn't sell me one!!!!! :yikes: as I said, the urge passed so just as well really as it would have been a waste of money....I seem to have heaps of knives and only two hands!!!! :rolmao:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
bambodoggy said:
I had a mad urge to buy a Dartmoor a few months ago (the urge has passed now thankfully) and I phoned Wilkinson Sword who plesantly advised me that they do not sell direct to the public and only through their distributors.....who do you know there that will sell you one then and do you get a discount? lol :wink: :eek:):

Seriously, I don't know if I just sounded dodgy on the phone but they wouldn't sell me one!!!!! :yikes: as I said, the urge passed so just as well really as it would have been a waste of money....I seem to have heaps of knives and only two hands!!!! :rolmao:
This was my understanding too that WS won't sell them direct - you got a source there Gary?

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Jake Rollnick said:
Thats the most (need a more superlative superlative) ridiculous thing i have ever seen. Someone should email the buyer, tell him he's being ripped off!!

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Thing is though, the guy has chose to bid this amount without bothering to research the availability of a new one, so if he has been ripped off, it is by himself.

I wouldnt email him though, he is probably feeling well pleased with himself right now for winning it, what right do we have to spoil his fun? Different if it was a fake or something.

stuarty

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
stuartyr said:
Thing is though, the guy has chose to bid this amount without bothering to research the availability of a new one, so if he has been ripped off, it is by himself.

I wouldnt email him though, he is probably feeling well pleased with himself right now for winning it, what right do we have to spoil his fun? Different if it was a fake or something.

stuarty

I was only pulling Jake's leg....you're right, if he wishes to waste his money then that is his business and he's best happy and poor then us tell him things so that he becomes sad and poor.... :lol:

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
From the WS site....

"To order your Wilkinson Sword: Woodlore Knife please complete the attached form and post, fax or email to
Wilkinson Sword Ltd." but they charge £95.00 + £10.00 P&P :yikes:

For the Dartmore you have to get it from Heinnie Haynes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE