Would Anyone Buy a Drybag for Cutting Tools / Tripod.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Would anyone be interested in a drybag that's the correct size and shape to carry an axe and folding saw or a tripod?

I'm currently having an email discussion with Lomo to see if they can make one sized to fit a Gransfor Bruks Small Forest Axe and a 24" folding bucksaw, or a lightweight tripod. It would then be possible to strap it to the outside of a pack, or to a thwart in a canoe and not have to worry about them getting wet.

I don't like carrying these inside my bag as they're awkward to pack and can create wear points if left against the outer fabric. Lomo have a shoulder strap on some of their drybags too, so you could simply sling it over your shoulder.

If anyone else thinks that they would like one of these drybags, please put your name below because I'll have to convince them that there is a demand.

Cheers, Michael.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I understand that they're not the easiest things to pack but do they really need to be in dry bags ? Similar thoughts to what Red said on CwaV really as in I don't mind these items getting wet as they'll get dried and oiled when get home.
I keep my axe in my wannigan/toolbox and Santa is bringing me a Duluth folding saw hopefully so that will go in there too.
I like the idea of having somewhere to attach them out of the bilge water though.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
It's no coincidence that I was born under a water sign Rich. Almost every trip that I've taken of more than a day or two involves torrential rain. The reason that I want such a bag is that I'm moving away from using my wanigan now because it's such a pig to carry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE