Worth buying?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tecNik

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2006
Leicestershire, UK
deadfish.co.uk
Arrgh! I'm like a kid in a sweet shop. I really can't decide between the "Fox special carbon" or the "Elk carbon". Does anyone else have any suggestions for a good knife around the £30 to £40 mark? (you know, just to make the decision harder! :bluThinki)

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I have that knife. It's a very nice knife. It is a Karesuando "Rävan Special." You can read more about Karesuando knives here.

The knife has a partial stick tang which gives it a very nice balance. Light in the hand. However, I prefer not to baton knives with a partial stick tang. That's too much like tempting fate, imo. Karesuando's also usually come with a small secondary bevel. Some like that, some don't. If you don't like it, it will take a little bit of work to get rid of it but not too much, depending on whether you sharpen it to full scandi or convex the small secondary bevel. Or you could just leave it as is. :)

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
tecNik said:
Arrgh! I'm like a kid in a sweet shop. I really can't decide between the "Fox special carbon" or the "Elk carbon". Does anyone else have any suggestions for a good knife around the £30 to £40 mark? (you know, just to make the decision harder! :bluThinki)

You might want to check out the Ahti knives here.

I have the Räme and love the sort of offset shape of the handle.

ahti1b.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE