Worth a watch?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
IIRC it was on TV years ago. It might be how the footage was edited but I thought it was not very good. I might be a bit harsh but it seemed to me you had paddlers and you had history buffs. One group knew what they were doing, the other were dead wood with a romantic ideal they wanted to follow.

Truth of it is they had several support rafts/ RIBs with engines and experienced crews to film it and rescue them. Colorado is a big river but from what a very experienced kayaker once told me it's often not that technical just powerful, big and bouncy. No swim to the edge though it's that wide.

It just seemed a bit like the programmes Bear Grylls made for American TV where he stayed in hotels and used helicopters. It's not as real as it appears.

Nice river though.

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
Although I am a paddler, I didn't really watch it from that point of view. I was more interested in the scenery and wildlife. They made no secret of the fact that they had the support rafts with them, I think it was a legal requirement, but I still admire them for going for it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE