Work, work, work

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
This thread, plus the "Im interested" thread by the Rev plus a nice bottle of Hobgoblin and I am relaxing into pure happiness :) I love this forum!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Off for a nice hot bath now to strengthen myself for a night fighting insomnia (again!) and the chore of cleaning/drying/storing my Iron Age gear and sorting my sales goods back into storage for the next Prehistoric fair ... I might even get some work done if I feel up to it :) Strangely enough I sleep better in the woods these days....

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Off for a nice hot bath now to strengthen myself for a night fighting insomnia (again!) and the chore of cleaning/drying/storing my Iron Age gear and sorting my sales goods back into storage for the next Prehistoric fair ... I might even get some work done if I feel up to it :) Strangely enough I sleep better in the woods these days....

G'night John boy.

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Sounds about right for pembs "experts" haha

Sorry for the crap turn out, hopefully they'll follow up and let the seed grow :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If I get into a bad patch then I can go all night without real sleep - but I catch up on my reading :) I tend to get to bed drop off for about half an hour then I am wide awake again! I know I need the sleep - or I feel wretched the next day - but my mind just will not switch off and I get into a loop of thinking about things I plan doing/have done recently - not stress stuff but usually minor stuff like needing to buy more corks for my wine making, the workshop needs a bit of a tidy, the buzzards nest looked good in the woods yesterday type stuff .... reading gets the body relaxed and resting and helps break the circling mind adventures :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Or PADAM ... except for a couple of symptoms ..... like the libido bit.... possible but as I have suffered with insomnia for a long long time - unlikely! :)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
So know what you mean about that loop thinking. Been there, done that. Building bathrooms and plumbing in the shower, where to run the pipes though the walls. Damn brain just won't shut off! But like you said though reading breaks that loop by putting your mind onto something else. I also find that if there's anything you've ever memorised like a speech or poem, if you recite it in your head over and over and over again you eventually drop off. It's like counting sheep. I've also run through the script and scenes of a favourite film playing it out in my minds eye scene for scene, I found that worked as well.

I was having insomnia a couple of weeks ago, most unlike me as I can sleep for England, so I can empathise. Anyway hope you both get some good nights soon.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You sure its not
image.jpg

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/08/dog-l...id-filled-ferrets-instead-of-poodles-3587261/ Yikes!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE