Work, work, work

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A rough day at work today... demonstrating Bushcraft at an Iron Age fort in West Wales :)OK the weather was rubbish and the crowds stayed away in their droves and the kids "have a go " sessions attracted only 4 kids (and that's the bit I get paid for...) and I spent ages explaining and demoing every stage of flint and steel fire lighting and some cordage making to the crowds that filed into my roundhouse ( about 12 all day...) and the tight beggars (altho saying how much they enjoyed it all etc etc) bought hardly anything of my sales stand!OK I covered my costs and a smidgen more - but the best part was actually enthusing kids and adults - priceless! But the best bit was seeing this little otter kit by the reception!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
is that actually an otter? looks like a fat mink..

shaem about the low turn over, blame it on the weather we've been ahving and keep up the spirits!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I identified it as an American Mink but the resident expert corrected me to young otter ... only listening to what the expert said...

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
It's a mink. I wouldn't worry John, I've got to give a talk/slideshow and walkabout on tracking otters at one of the wildlife trust centres next week. I'm bound to cock something up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE