Woopsie!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
@Woody girl - let's know when you're back and I'll pop some protective gloves in the post. The fabric (kevlar) type are not 100% foolproof, but they shrug off most blade impact and even if a tip gets through it's a small nick not a deep cut. And they are reasonably comfortable to wear.

GC

I'm back today (wed) early, was meant to stay till Friday, but I've found out my bones realy don't like a tent anymore. There were other issues with a new member of the group, and I couldn't be bothered with the bad feelings, so came home.
Looking at the weather it would have meant packing up a canvas tent in the rain, so took the best opportunity weather-wise to exit the situation!
Proper bed tonight...bliss!
Air beds are not bliss!
How is the finger mending WG? x
Very well thank you. The bandage and sterristrips gone, just a light dressing to keep it clean while at camp. I can now bend it without squeeking!

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Sorry it had to end that way. Any chance you’ll go back one day?

So glad that you are healing.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sorry it had to end that way. Any chance you’ll go back one day?

So glad that you are healing.
We'll see how it pans out..clash of personalities and jealousy along with alcoholism. Not a good combo.!
Don't have the patience for all the politicking, and ****stirring.
Glad to be home , wet weather coming, and old bones. Not a recipe for fun anyway.
Best bit, I tracked down a vinyl of Fleetwood Mac Rumours I'd been after for a while, and watched some good bands, made sweet music with other pals, so despite everything I'm happy and cosy at home, while they are cold wet and infighting....aw shucks.

Reactions: Nice65

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
We'll see how it pans out..clash of personalities and jealousy along with alcoholism. Not a good combo.!
Don't have the patience for all the politicking, and ****stirring.
Glad to be home , wet weather coming, and old bones. Not a recipe for fun anyway.
Best bit, I tracked down a vinyl of Fleetwood Mac Rumours I'd been after for a while, and watched some good bands, made sweet music with other pals, so despite everything I'm happy and cosy at home, while they are cold wet and infighting....aw shucks.

Sounds like you made the right decision. There's a lot of folk are just plain hard work, and alcohol doesn't help such situations. It's been wet here today, miserable sort of weather for camping. Buy hey, you're back and without your kit being soggy.

The gloves are down the place we're renovating (I forgot to pick them up last weekend) so I'll fetch them back when I go down there on Saturday, I have already saved an envelope to put them into.

GC

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sounds like you made the right decision. There's a lot of folk are just plain hard work, and alcohol doesn't help such situations. It's been wet here today, miserable sort of weather for camping. Buy hey, you're back and without your kit being soggy.

The gloves are down the place we're renovating (I forgot to pick them up last weekend) so I'll fetch them back when I go down there on Saturday, I have already saved an envelope to put them into.

GC
Thanks, no rush, I'm absolutely rung out after that, so this week it's just relax and slowly clean and stow my kit.
I slept for hours yesterday, (thur) even had an afternoon kip which I never do as I won't sleep in the evening, but I did, with almost(I calculated) 31 hrs sleep since I got back on Wed afternoon. Now Friday morning. Feeling more normal today. Thank goodness. Its been a full on, mad week! ...breathe! :)

Reactions: Pattree

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE