Wooly Pully sweater

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swamp donkey

Forager
Jun 25, 2005
uk
Definatly both, two issued one for work ,one for parade, Hated them then, hate them now ,never wore one if I could get away with it. For me the most useless bit of kit issued, even putties where more use :p but thats just me

Just to hi jack the thread I need to replace my Norwegian army wooly jumper used to be artic issue gren lift up collar thumb holes you know the ones :cool: . Any of you vikinhgs know if they are available over there as I just cannot find one in uk. No even on E bay :rolleyes:

The wooly pully was great on exercise when i was a sproggy sapper,along with my boil in the bag waterproofs,poncho,58 pattern large pack and a doss bag full of feathers(or should i say quarter full of feathers,all stuffed into one corner).

Top tip was to get cam cream on the collar of your green shirt and then try and get it off before RSM's kit inspection.

ROP's anyone :(

Wooly pullys are great if you want to itch from sun up to sun down and then let of steam like the morning mist.

Better off with a norwegian army shirt and a descent fleece.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Hi,

I hate my wooly pully and always used to wear a HH field jacket when not in camp. Swamp Donkey you can get the Norwegian sweater from Silvermans. They call it a Green Norge sweater, its £40. I'm looking at one as well.

Brian

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
Brian said:
Hi,

I hate my wooly pully and always used to wear a HH field jacket when not in camp. Swamp Donkey you can get the Norwegian sweater from Silvermans. They call it a Green Norge sweater, its £40. I'm looking at one as well.

Brian

Yup, the HH field jacket was a "must have" bit of kit. That, a Norgy shirt and a windproof smock.

The guys who wore issue kit used to suffer - gibbering in a GS cotton shirt, wooley pulley and a useless 85 pattern jacket.

swamp donkey

Forager
Jun 25, 2005
uk
Stot;- Gib barracks or Cove camp ?
Not forgetting shovel on back of large pack , go to get up shovel blade in back of leg :eek:

Just thought of some thing more useless ;) Barrack dress trousers what where they all about :confused:

Brain :- Thanks for that but £45 foran extra large and I dont like Silvermans these days just to greedy :p

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Hey.. dont knock wooly pullies.... I missed mine so much I bought one yesterday on e bay for 99p.
The reason? I was told my high tech fleece is bound to get burnt around a fire whereas the wooly wont suffer as badly. Did I get it wrong again??
I'll get me coat.
George :)

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Surely we could have them under the trades description act as the "Large Pack" was anything but large. Oh and I liked the fact that it would shrink when it got wet!

Brian

swamp donkey

Forager
Jun 25, 2005
uk
yes;- stand to at first light webbing doent fit :confused: must of eaten all the pies last night ;) webbing flapping about because the wasist belt will not do up . Look at old sweat looking sweet because he has a rollerbelt :p

Better start filling the sand bags and buy a hurricane lamp from E bay :rolleyes:

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Wow, gosh this thread certainly took a different direction!

It went from asking if the commando's sweaters still issued to "Squaddies reminising about old gear." Great stuff guys!

Thanks a bunch! :)

TwoFourAlpha

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2004
Manchester
'58 pattern webbing has got to be the worst equipment carrying system ever.

Ammo Pouches at the front? Blisters on thighs, and broken ribs when somebody shouts "CONTACT!! "

Gains about 5lb when it rains.

Large pack that ain't. Remember how to put it on? Hook it on and thow it backwards over your head- very tactical.

Oh, and you can stuff that NBC suit in a bumroll designed to hold a poncho- which is still in there too, no probs.

Looked quite smart when blocked out with cardboard in a locker layout- Wonder how it ever got approved?

However, worse than the webbing- the tin-pot helmet. Elastic 'comforter' designed to push your hair back into your scalp, and a big rivet in the middle, in case you ever got too comfortable.

On the other hand, I quite liked KF shirts, and resisted OGs as long as I could.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE