Wool Bush Shirt ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Morning,

I speak to Kev today about the basic shirt and the list of options (and associated costs). TeeDee is right. It would be good to get the basic shirt right rather than scare ourselves with the myriad possible ways we could bling the shirt :) However it is useful to have a discussion about the shirt and what should or could be on it - this leads to inclusion of things that we need to have but have been initially overlooked - such as hood drawstrings.

For me the basic shirt is just that. Basic. Body, arms, hood (with drawstring and neck closure) and a pocket of some sort. Its important to get this just right then ensure we have an agreed list of realistic extras......although I still fancy one that has a hot chocolate making option :D

I would also like to manage people's expectations on this in terms of getting it done. I'd rather not rush it and get it right. Not put too much pressure on the seamstress (when she has other work in the pipeline to deliver already) and see quality suffer. Not that Kev would ever let this. But I am afraid it will all take longer than everyone expects. SO please be patient we will all try our best to keep momentum up and get the first batch out as soon a possible. Agreement and a greenlight as to the Mk2 prototype will be the next step, agreement and pricing on a finite list of options will need to be next....then the first 10 can pay deposits and get measured :)

Mark (LBL)

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Also just had word from Kev - I'm going to have to call time on the long list for now.....I am stopping it at 50 in total........a couple more places left........but please remember that being on the list does not mean 50 get produced. At the moment its important to get the first 10 sorted and these people happy then go from there.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Morning,

I speak to Kev today about the basic shirt and the list of options (and associated costs). TeeDee is right. It would be good to get the basic shirt right rather than scare ourselves with the myriad possible ways we could bling the shirt :) However it is useful to have a discussion about the shirt and what should or could be on it - this leads to inclusion of things that we need to have but have been initially overlooked - such as hood drawstrings.

For me the basic shirt is just that. Basic. Body, arms, hood (with drawstring and neck closure) and a pocket of some sort. Its important to get this just right then ensure we have an agreed list of realistic extras......although I still fancy one that has a hot chocolate making option :D

I would also like to manage people's expectations on this in terms of getting it done. I'd rather not rush it and get it right. Not put too much pressure on the seamstress (when she has other work in the pipeline to deliver already) and see quality suffer. Not that Kev would ever let this. But I am afraid it will all take longer than everyone expects. SO please be patient we will all try our best to keep momentum up and get the first batch out as soon a possible. Agreement and a greenlight as to the Mk2 prototype will be the next step, agreement and pricing on a finite list of options will need to be next....then the first 10 can pay deposits and get measured :)

Mark (LBL)

That's fair enough Mark... these things do take time and I don't think there's a single person who would want it to be rushed and end up with an inferior item.

Thanks to yourself and Kev for sorting this out goodjob:You_Rock_

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
I agree Mark, the draw-string on the hood on the basic (tick).
Kangaroo pocket (tick), though high enough to wear a belt around the middle. Especially us shooters who have their gun broken over their arms and can still keep our hands warm and toasty! :)
And to keep a pocket of warm air in the top half of the garment.
We all know we'll mod and tinker to our own specks:D

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
I totally agree with that TeeDee.
And the other comments are well think about so i'm fine with it.

Guys & Gals

I think to make Kev and Marks Job easier can we just attempt to simplify what we expect from the BASIC Mastino Smock , so that we have a platform that we can all agree upon.
Then if people want extra's or inclusions of add-on's that can be offered as a priced option by Kev or discussed with him yourself closer to the time.?

Just think for the sake of clarity we need to decide ( or empower Mark ) to make a decision on the basic model.?

Just my view.

Also just had word from Kev - I'm going to have to call time on the long list for now.....I am stopping it at 50 in total........a couple more places left........but please remember that being on the list does not mean 50 get produced. At the moment its important to get the first 10 sorted and these people happy then go from there.

That would be very disappointing if they didn't all get made, I for one am happy to wait as long as it takes to get this shirt, even if it's up to a year or more, no rush needed, slow and steady wins the race....

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
From the Endy website:

LATEST Update by K: 04 01 2010

The MK2 Prototype has come back to us along with a lovely detail to the Neck Closure and pre-approval 'Side-Splits'. Pics to follow.........

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
From the Endy website:

The MK2 Prototype has come back to us along with a lovely detail to the Neck Closure and pre-approval 'Side-Splits'. Pics to follow.........

This is soooooo much better then telly!!!

Latest Update ;-

The MK2 Prototype has come back to us along with a lovely detail to the Neck Closure and pre-approval 'Side-Splits'. Pics to follow.........this evening (approx. 21.30 HRS) !!

goodjob

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Have another look , He's added more photos..

Yup, looking very good indeed. Not too sure on the side split, is it a split seam for a couple inches? Hard to tell from the pictures

EDIT: Ahhh looks like Kev saw my post and has now supplied a clearer picture of the side split :) That's good customer service for sure :You_Rock_

Last edited:

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
That'll do for me.goodjob I like the cuffs and I like the middle button. The pipeing gives it a good finish as well:)
I think I'd snag the toggle:(

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Erm..,? Has anyone got any ideas on the Neck Flap? I don't know if the image has been reversed but if its 'as seen' in the image , the button are closer to the RHS centreline ?

Is that the most ergonomic place? If most people are Right handers then they would be doing the buttons up to the right of their chest with their right hand?

Dont know if i have that correct or not......

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Erm..,? Has anyone got any ideas on the Neck Flap? I don't know if the image has been reversed but if its 'as seen' in the image , the button are closer to the RHS centreline ?

Is that the most ergonomic place? If most people are Right handers then they would be doing the buttons up to the right of their chest with their right hand?

Dont know if i have that correct or not......

Hmmmmm... you could be right there.

If it is buttoned on the right side as shown then the arm is more sharply bent, BUT personally I think handling the buttons from the RHS would be easier that if the neck flap was on the left side

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

If it is buttoned on the right side as shown then the arm is more sharply bent, BUT personally I think handling the buttons from the RHS would be easier that if the neck flap was on the left side

Ditto, thats what i was thinking....

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

Of course its quite possible , Kev from Endicotts is a Lefty , and its been built to his choice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE