Wool Bush Shirt ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
From Endicotts website

COOL Guys !! Keep the feedback coming. This is only a prototype, don't forget any 'spots' by you can / will be amended on the production run.........

Any other specific pics required ?

I'll fully update and tidy this page up plus add more pics over the next 24 hours..........

Looks like more good viewing to follow :D

Can't think of any specific pics, what I can see shows an excellent product

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Nice. Will be popping in today to see the Mk2. Will see if I can add to the piccies, finalise 'extras' and get the green light from you guys :)

I'm a lefty. Dunno if Kev is. Will check on the rhs/lhs set up.

Mark

Last edited:

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
Thats looking good. Give my compliments to Kev.!!
Maybe there is a options to make a left handed neck and a right handed one.
The middle knot will do for me to.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
This IS much, much better than telly!

Okay - will try and give as much an update as possible and post this also in the first posting of this thread.

I popped in very, very briefly today and took a look at the shirt. It looks great. Kev said the Mk2 prototype will be finished properly in terms of hems, loose threads, edging stitching, reinforcement darts and integrating various things such as the closure flap and pockets. So it all looks trim and 'polished'.

The buttons will actually end up dead centre for simplicity instead of ranged right or left. Is that okay for everyone?

The basic shirt will be:
  • Arms, body, hood (with drawcord in hood hem, made of endicott's famous paracord)
  • Choice of three different types of button (or toggle) for neck closure.
  • Reinforcement trim/detail to cuffs and to neck closure/flap
  • One pocket or 'extra' (to be agreed)

I will be working with Kev on coming up with a list of extras and associated costs, and which 'extras' can be chosen as part of the basic shirt. I'll post these up when I get the info shortly. Extras may include pockets (various), flaps (various), pocket angles, waist drawcord, zips (two-way), extra reinforcement material or cuff strap/buttons.

As far as ordering goes - the first 10 can secure their shirt with a £15 deposit payable to Endicotts (by Paypal) - details will be PM'd to those 10 along with instructions on what to do as far as specifying what extras you want (final cost inc P&P)) and what measurements are needed.

I have sort of clarified the personalisation thing. Personalisation as far as part of the basic shirt can include some initialling or a short text-based name - no logos or design work - this would have to be outsourced at extra cost. I'll talk to Kev if he is alright to have a BCUK badge sent in that can be sewn on at customers wishes instread of 'initialling' (tbc).

Of the first 10 - does anyone live locally who could pop in for an 'in-person' measurement? This is in order to ensure we are getting it right and ensure best fitting and we are measuring all the critical bits for arms, chest, shoulders, back, length to knees, belly, bum and natural pocket placement. I think it is wise to get at least one of the first 10 done in the flesh. If Verloc (no.9) does not get back to me by Wednesday then I am tempted to swap his place out for a 'local' who can pop in for a measurement. If this means Verloc drops below me (no.21) then I'll give my place up to him and take the lower place on the list.

Basically the quicker we can get the green light on things the quicker we can get the ten out.....

I will get back asap with more details.

Mark (LBL)

Last edited:

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
Okay. Sounds good.
For the measurement maybe we can make something like this:
measureMale.gif

And say A:........ B:.......

Than you get the right size and its also handy after the 10 proto's.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
How many have confirmed from the first list of 10? Just wondered as I am so close:)

Short-list:

1 Mesquite (confirmed)
2 korvin karbon (confirmed)
3 techworm (confirmed)
4 Chris the Cat (confirmed)
5 welshwhit (confirmed)
6 lewiman201 (confirmed)
7 BushEd (confirmed)
8 coln18 (confirmed)
9 verloc (got a good excuse - http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51120....)
10 Pepperana (confirmed)

Sorry Torak (can't say that without thinking of Belgarath and Belgarion :D) looks like everyone has confirmed apart from Verloc

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Whilst we are waiting - what's people's view on this:

"Of the first 10 - does anyone live locally who could pop in for an 'in-person' measurement? This is in order to ensure we are getting it right and ensure best fitting and we are measuring all the critical bits for arms, chest, shoulders, back, length to knees, belly, bum and natural pocket placement. I think it is wise to get at least one of the first 10 done in the flesh. If Verloc (no.9) does not get back to me by Wednesday then I am tempted to swap his place out for a 'local' who can pop in for a measurement. If this means Verloc drops below me (no.21) then I'll give my place up to him and take the lower place on the list."

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Whilst we are waiting - what's people's view on this:

"Of the first 10 - does anyone live locally who could pop in for an 'in-person' measurement? This is in order to ensure we are getting it right and ensure best fitting and we are measuring all the critical bits for arms, chest, shoulders, back, length to knees, belly, bum and natural pocket placement. I think it is wise to get at least one of the first 10 done in the flesh. If Verloc (no.9) does not get back to me by Wednesday then I am tempted to swap his place out for a 'local' who can pop in for a measurement. If this means Verloc drops below me (no.21) then I'll give my place up to him and take the lower place on the list."

Very fair. I'm afraid I'm a bit too far to go down there

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Lbl,signing off for the night,tell Kev I will be happy to drive down first thing Monday if helpfull.
Will be back on line in the morning.
Cheers mate.
Chris.

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Don't condone it.........But I could que jump......And get measured up.......I could be there at 09.59 tomorrow......Of course I'd feel very guilty about:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE