woodsmoke

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MORFY

Jan 13, 2013
surrey
"Woodsmoke" I presume they are the competition ?
Anyone here done their woodlander course in May?
Morfy

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
+1 to Sam's comment.
Very professional and extremely knowledgeable.
And loads of fun.Worth the money for the Landy ride to base camp alone!
Cheers , Simon

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
I Woodlandered in May last year and it was great. I would recommend to anyone, really good group as it happens too.

Willow & Steve were both really good insructors and we had a visit from Ben & family.

For the money it's really good value too.

If you go, then have a smoke detox at the Cuckoo Brow as well they have reasonably priced rooms, good food and REALLY comfy chairs (we fell asleep after our feast on the ones in the foyer!). No connection, etc.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Not been on one of their couses personaly , but a know a lot of folk that have and everybody states how good they are

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
I have completed two Woodsmoke courses. [Woodlander and Nomad] My wife and I are signed up for this year's Coastal Forager up in Scotland. I have done courses with other groups and enjoyed them immensely, but rate Ben & Lisa's team to be in the top tier. [BTW, I have nothing to do with their business. I am an IT worker from London]

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Quite happily promote Ben and Lisa, spent a bit of time talking to Ben and his team at last years Bushcraft Show, a top bunch.

MORFY

Jan 13, 2013
surrey
Thanks for the input guys,
Will almost certainly sign up, and I have the nomad and caostline foraging thing in mind too for the future.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Ben is an unbelievable source of knowledge - so is Lisa. They are able to run fewer courses themselves these days because of the family but if you get them teaching you personally you will have an unforgettable learning experience

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Did my first course with them - the week long woodlander (also in May several years ago) - and loved every minute even though it was hectic. Even sneaked in a bit of badger watching. Quality tuition from knowledgable people. The pigeon pie I cooked over an open fire with them is one of the best meals I have ever had.

MORFY

Jan 13, 2013
surrey
Right then..... just need to shift a work commitment, want to use this as an experience before looking more seriously at their Borneo trip

mr walloping

Mar 14, 2011
in my house
Ive not attended a woodsmoke course but i have met ben and lisa when they where with woodlore.Very knowledgeable people back then 12 years ago so i would say that their courses would be good.I think i am going to book a course with them one day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE