Woodsman X vs Blackbird

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Headshed

Forager
Nov 17, 2011
Warwick
I recall mine took just under 2 weeks for delivery, woodsman x that is, I also ordered a Mambajamba tarp and zing it etc.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
lAK2I8G.png

Woohoo, nearly here! :D

Just hope I dont get rogered by customs. Fingers crossed :)

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Yeah.... I'm waiting for a hammock and as soon as I get answer from Mat I'm ordering a top quilt. I have decided to go all the way with hammocking so this will be my proper gear. Imagine my anticipation :)

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Yeah.... I'm waiting for a hammock and as soon as I get answer from Mat I'm ordering a top quilt. I have decided to go all the way with hammocking so this will be my proper gear. Imagine my anticipation :)

An underquilt will probably be my next purchase. Already got a down bag so will be using that as top quilt :)

I've been using a NeoAir and a cheap tesco down bag underneath as insulation so far but tend to get cold spots on my sides so bought a foil emergency blanket to see if that helps, If it does I'll hold off on the UQ for a bit. I really do want one though. Eventually I reckon I will have UKHammocks UQ and TQ.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
I have a very good pad, 65 cm wide and 4cm thick which should take care of my back. I have finished off my sleeping bag and was looking at rab down products but I decided to go with a top quilt, cheaper and much lighter.
This way I have a proper hammock system that can be used in a pinch on the ground (not the other way round).

And for proper winter I want to invest in a peapod Shug style. I think I'm a full convert now :)

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
I have a very good pad, 65 cm wide and 4cm thick which should take care of my back. I have finished off my sleeping bag and was looking at rab down products but I decided to go with a top quilt, cheaper and much lighter.
This way I have a proper hammock system that can be used in a pinch on the ground (not the other way round).

And for proper winter I want to invest in a peapod Shug style. I think I'm a full convert now :)

Same here, really love hammocking now. Still love my Sil-Minpeak and Neoair for ground though, Think I'll be keeping to that setup for when hiking/hills :)

My Blackbird will be here tomorrow :D Just have to kick this manflu now so I can maybe get out next week.

I have a Winter UQ that should be here today and will be using my Xero 350 as a TQ or bag, will probably combine that with my softie jacket if needs be.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Brilliant! The halfwits at York depot ballsed up and didnt sent it out for delivery today, even though I paid duty and handling charges over 24 hours ago and assured it would be out today.

Have had an apology and told it will be with me tomorrow. If not I will be Royally ****** off! :soapbox:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Yup, had a watch last year from japan. 3 Days across the planet, 4 days from customs (no charges) to my door....

I paid about £35 for international express, arrived in UK within 4 days, customs took 4 days to process it and bung £40 on top, I paid immediately and was assured it would go out tomorrow. Checked tracking in morning and it still said held. Phoned them up and was told they hadn't updated it correctly and it hasn't gone out. Bunch of plebs.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
You think you had it bad?
I have just received my hammock TODAY! Matt had to make me another one last week when it turned out royal mail lost my first parcel.... A freaking month. Two weeks to make, a week to ship/loose it. Another week to remake and ship special delivery (I bow to Matt on how he handled the situation).
Other countries can ship stuff across the globe and RM lost it somewhere along 200miles. Of course in that first parcel Mat put last few bits of dutchware he had in stock so I'm still waiting for dutch clips and flyzs. But of course when customs charged me £3.58 VAT on my new TATO stove last week, RM was very efficient to also charge me £8 "handling fee" (and I had to go and pick it up myself during my work. Oh, and they don't take cards so after 20min in the queue another trip to the cashmashine and another 20 min in the queue).
Hes going to ship two quilts to me next week and I'm dredding it to be honest.
Rant over.

Willcurrie

Aug 2, 2015
Argyll
Ive just orderd the double layer 800g or so, probably could have got the single layer but I might use an air mattress sometimes and ive read the double has less stretch, not that im a big lad. 4 week lead time ...... It seems so long to wait! It's my 1st hammock so I've got a bit to learn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE