Woods with the boys - pics lots of

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Enjoyed another cracking day out today with Hugo & Rockmonkey, loadsa laughs all day long, we went back up to the same spot as last week, few pics, ok lots of pics.

walking up the lane

DSCN3693.jpg

lots of spring colour form the Periwinkles and the Wild Arums are showing in abundance

DSCN3694.jpg

our destination in the morning mist

DSCN3696.jpg

get into the woods and we find evidence of the East Sussex boys paying a visit to our woods

DSCN3697.jpg

our preferred spot

DSCN3698.jpg

the boys

DSCN3700.jpg

view around the general area

DSCN3701.jpg

DSCN3703.jpg

made a bow saw from hazel

DSCN3706.jpg

and then of course had to test it on a fallen Ash, worked really well too

DSCN3713.jpg

this we actually found last week, but at some point it fell out of my pack, thankfully i had a good idea where and today, i retraced my steps and found it again

DSCN3716.jpg

Does anybody know what steel Plough Irons are made from?, especially old ones, as i really fancy trying to make something like a splitting maul from it, even as it stands it will make a great wedge

DSCN3717.jpg

time for a bit of lunch, and my turn in the kitchen today, so Pancakes it was

Banana - the best

DSCN3721.jpg

and apple

DSCN3722.jpg

The boys, happy now they are fed and watered

DSCN3725.jpg

view down slope from my sit hammock, tis a small one about 8ft long and 4ft wide, made from an old parachute panel, but perfect as a seat when you are out and about

DSCN3729.jpg

Rockmonkeys seat and bushcraft backrest, made using hazel and some very old bailer twine we found

DSCN3731.jpg

time to head out now

DSCN3735.jpg

On the way out we witnessed the biggest wild herd of deer i and the other guys have ever seen, they must have numbered between 75-100 animals, when they moved through the trees it was like a freight train going through, but they did leaves us some wonderful sign to look at, 20p piece for scale

DSCN3740.jpg

out of the woods now and looking out over the town in the mist

DSCN3746.jpg

Rockmonkey and his small day pack ;)

DSCN3747.jpg

Looking back to where had been, the hills and trees in the mist, im going to use this as my desktop background on the pooter i think

DSCN3748.jpg

Sometimes taking a picture into the sun works great.

Thanks for a great day again guys, looking forward to next week already.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
A great time Kepis mate, I enjoyed it except one thing.
An I have to say it must have been a senior moment on my part.
I Hugo have to own up and say, (do not try picking up a very hot Crusader stove) as it burns your hand and hurts like hell for a while. cheers for the first aider stuff Kepis mate, you are a star.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Great day out once again guys!
I think next time i will take my larger daypack!, struggled for room really!....:lmao:
Just in case anyone is wondering what pack i was using?...............it is a 15L day sack!!!!, I'm only small!!!!:rofl:
I think we all came home today with cuts and bruises, and burns!:p

Last edited:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Sore but OK, hope I can carve wood tomorrow as I have a couple of jobs to do.
How many deer today, the biggest heard I have ever seen, I counted a hundred and probably missed some.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
There was soo many, i thought we were in a deer park!, or someone had just released them!!

aye certainly the most ive ever seen in the wild, the most ive seen prior to this was about a dozen Fallows about a mile from where we were, although as Hugo said at the time, it looked like there was a split herd there, as one group seem to come down the hillside to meet the other larger group and the two merged to make one large herd, was impressive nevertheless and rounded off a perfect day.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Looks like a fun day out, thanks for sharing.

What on earth have you got in that pack ?

R3XXY

i think he had the lady of horizontal refreshment who left her 32C black bra in the woods in thar pack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE