Woodlore Shopping Experience

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jackdaw

Just thought that I would post about my first and only experience of shopping on the Woodlore Online Shop.

On Tuesday I finally ordered a couple of the Mora Craftline HighQ Robust knives with the "30 Years of Bushcraft" special edition engraving as they were on offer and I had been meaning to buy one for some time as a standby knife.

At the same time I also ordered a 16cm Zebra Billy after seeing Copper_Head's write up of his recent jaunt to the hills which made me salivate over my keyboard whilst I read about his culinary efforts.

I ordered these at about 1400hrs. They came before 1200hrs on the following day.

I have to say it is rare these days that I receive anything in the post the day after it is sent out. Fantastic service!

Prices were pretty competative too which made this tight Yorkshireman even happier.:D

I am in no way linked to Woodlore or Mr Mears apart from being a very happy first-time customer.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Always had good service from them, helpful comms and always remedy any faulty goods I've had.

Prices are competitive too on a lot of mainstream kit

Fallschirmwomble

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2009
Tennis Town
I, too, am impressed by Woodlore's service.goodjob

It's a throw-back to the days when "customer service" meant that a business prided itself in their reliability, expertise and helpfulness. Most businesses today don't fully understand/grasp the concept. Or care.

(Am I sounding old?)

Saw a link to their HighQ special offer (here on BCUK) and tried to resist but failed. Did well to resist for almost 2x hours! For a change, failure has me very happy! A great tool.

Jackdaw

I, too, am impressed by Woodlore's service.goodjob

It's a throw-back to the days when "customer service" meant that a business prided itself in their reliability, expertise and helpfulness. Most businesses today don't fully understand/grasp the concept. Or care.

(Am I sounding old?)

Saw a link to their HighQ special offer (here on BCUK) and tried to resist but failed. Did well to resist for almost 2x hours! For a change, failure has me very happy! A great tool.

They are much better knives that I thought possible for price and will be my EDC for sometime to come I'm sure. TBH, being tight, I don't like to carry my £300+ knives just in case something happens to them. It's the same reason why I got rid of my Swarovski binoculars; they were just too expensive to use on a daily basis.

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Yip, I fully agree that Woodlore delivers excellent service in an age where many companies couldnt care less once they have their hands on your cash. Yes at times some of their gear is a few quid more expensive but when you order you know its in stock and will be delivered promptly.

mark

Forager
Dec 26, 2007
Stirlingshire
I live in an area that's classed as Highlands and Islands so it's a "postal problem area", however, I get exactly the same brilliant next day experience as everyone else when I use Woodlore. I often use them as an example to people and companies when they tell me that they can't deliver to my address or they tell me it will take longer to get to me.

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Absolutely agree, unlike some other companies, they charge the same for shipping to Northern Ireland as they do for mainland UK which is rare. I usually end up spending up to £18 on P&P and it can take over a week. Not with woodlore, every order I've had with them has arrived within 3 days at the most which is outstanding.
cheers

paddy

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I've bought a few things from Woodlore and every purchase arrived about a day or two after the order. I bought my first Mora knife from Woodlore and it came with a blunt/broken point, so I sent a few pictures of the damage via email. They sent a replacement knife just a day later. Great service.

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Perhaps surprisingly, they are often cheaper too. For example, I have jut ordered a 16cm Zebra Billy Can from them. Woodlore's price was £16 whilst both Ronnie Sunshines and Greenman Bushcraft are asking £19.95.

As an additional bonus, Woodlore's Zebra cans don't have the plastic lid clips that melt over the fire - I can't see that can reduce the price by nearly 20% though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE