Woodlore mail order service

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

whitebuffalo

Banned
Oct 28, 2004
Cornwall
I have lurked a long time on BCUK and until now have never felt moved to comment however yesterday all that changed.

Credit where credit is due, I just want to say thanks to Woodlore for a speedy turn around on my order. The fact that it arrived quickly off set my disappointment in the fact that it was totally trashed. Fortunately the items were clothing so no damage there, but the boxes etc looked like someone had played football with them.

Any other time this would not have mattered but I ordered the garments as a gift and so it was a little disappointing I have ordered items from other outlets (surplus and adventure being very good) many of whom ship via carrier services and not the royal mail which seems a good idea and taking into account woodlores prices I am sure they could afford this, after all they are supposed to be the top bushcraft outlet in the country ARENT THEY?

Grumble over.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Weclome to the forums.

In fairness to Woodlore, this would seem a problem with Royal Mail rather than the retailer. If they used a carrier service, the customer would pay for it. I think your issue is with the post office.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
It is the Royal Mail that you should be moaning at. It is they that played football with the package! :lol:

I for one prefer packages to be sent Royal Mail, given that all the carriers seem not to think people go to work and all try to deliver when I am not home. I have had huge problems getting stuff from Parcel Force for instance. Using a courier is no guarantee that the package will arrive in good order.

I hope you don't mind, I am moving this thread to Other Chatter since it isn't really about the CONTENTS of the package, ie kit.

I am also adding a bit to the subject title to make it a bit more descriptive.

Hope the clothes go down well with the recipient

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I worked in a outdoor shop so we had deliveries from loads of different sources and royal mail were good on average. One courrier company (which I won't name as it was a while ago) brought EVERY package with at least one item broken. It used to be a game to guess how much was damaged this time. The worst was the manufacturer never changed carrier even though they must have had to replace so much stock to the shops.

Bill

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
In fairness to Woodlore the items I have ordered of them in the past have always arrived ok, and in fairness to the post office I use these too and (touch wood) I have had few problems with them, at least they are nation wide and reliable.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
The best way to have anything come through Royal Mail is using Special Delivery as it spends less time in their hands and is tracked along the way well.

As for Woodlore, no worse than any other, in fact probably a bit better because at least they sends most things out via Recorded delivery at least.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
after having stuff not turn up from woodlore I can say that their customer service is great with sorting out problems. I was asked for my phone number while they found out what had gone wrong. They phoned back promtly and said a replacement was just been taken for dispatch. The lady was very friendly and helpful. I was surprized to talk to a human at all let alone a nice one.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Andy that is my experience with woodlore as well. I even ordered a ray dvd from a different shop and had problems with it being incomplete so I contacted woodlore just for advice. They got on to the distributers who not only replaced the one I ordered but sent the other dvd in the series which I hadn't even ordered all free of charge and like I say I wasn't a woodlore customer.

Bill

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i deal with woodlore a lot and have only ever had one problem with a parcel not getting here which they replaced and jane on the phone is great to deal with :wave:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi.

I too have never had any problems ordering from Woodlore. the ladies on the phone have always been first class friendly helpful and efficent.

I am not a fan of Royal Mail. They 'lost' a leatherman of mine in the collections office after refusing to give it to my wife. Although I complained in writing and the parcel was data tracked never received an apology.

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
tenbears10 said:
I worked in a outdoor shop so we had deliveries from loads of different sources and royal mail were good on average. One courrier company (which I won't name as it was a while ago) brought EVERY package with at least one item broken. It used to be a game to guess how much was damaged this time. The worst was the manufacturer never changed carrier even though they must have had to replace so much stock to the shops.

Bill

A few years ago, a courier left two fly rods propped up against my front door, in full view of the road (parcels were covered in 'Orvis' tape and stickers). Happily, I found them still there when I returned home after being out for the day. The combined value (retail prices) was over £800. They had been sent to me by the manufacturer: one of the rods was for review purposes and had to be returned in due course; the other was a warranty replacement of a damaged rod and my own property. There would have been considerable hassle and embarrassment sorting things out had they been stolen from the doorstep, even though nobody had signed a delivery receipt.

Burnt Ash

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE