Woodlore knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grimstone

Mar 12, 2013
leics
Here I have an Alan Wood woodlore knife.

I purchased it from woodlore about 8 years ago

Well loved and used but never abused. Original sheath.

Has been sat on a shelf for the past 2 years

Price include p&p fully insured

£425 ono

Attachments

• 20130515_100723.jpg
    20130515_100723.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 20130515_100743.jpg
    20130515_100743.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 294
Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
wow 400 for a knife? did Elvis use it to dispatch a hooker? ill take it for £150 its a beut but just cant justify nearly half a thousand pounds
on a blade. whats the history why so expensive, talk to me

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
wow 400 for a knife? did Elvis use it to dispatch a hooker? ill take it for £150 its a beut but just cant justify nearly half a thousand pounds

Made by Alan Wood (one of the 'el supremo' knife makers in the UK - there are a host of others as well). He only makes a few by hand each year. RM afficiandos love them for collections. Waiting list is 10+ years.

High demand + small output = big price.

Alan is a great guy and his knives are second to none.

Any answer to your post will raise more questions and debate than answers (and this is a sales thread) - have trawl on here and British Blades and you will find much comment on these knives.

;)

Llwyd

Forager
Jan 6, 2013
Eastern Canada

No it was Hugh Grant that killed the hooker with it. And carbon from the ashes of Cnut the Great were smelted into the steel and then it was forged with a hammer wielded by the dwarves of Norway before finally being quenched in the blood of Bear Grylls. They were going to use his urine but he drank it all. Finally they made the sheath from the hide of Joseph Merrick and it was proclaimed to be a mighty blade worthy to be named in the sagas.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I used to get sand kicked in my face at the Moot, and just couldn't get girls to talk to me. Then I bought an Alan Wood Woodlore. Now men want to be me, and women want to be with me.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
No it was Hugh Grant that killed the hooker with it. And carbon from the ashes of Cnut the Great were smelted into the steel and then it was forged with a hammer wielded by the dwarves of Norway before finally being quenched in the blood of Bear Grylls. They were going to use his urine but he drank it all. Finally they made the sheath from the hide of Joseph Merrick and it was proclaimed to be a mighty blade worthy to be named in the sagas.

I did wonder. That explained it perfectly. Thanks.
:You_Rock_

The Bear Grylls part made me laugh out loud! Too funny.

May 23, 2013
warrington
Im so glad i bought my knife before the thread became another place for people to make anti woodlore comments.... All it needs now is the generic comment "lots of makers on here could make you a custom copy for half the price".

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Im so glad i bought my knife before the thread became another place for people to make anti woodlore comments.... All it needs now is the generic comment "lots of makers on here could make you a custom copy for half the price".

Myers, you'll always get naysayers. I think you're lucky being able to afford and own one. It's like some of the cars I had in the past that were for my fun, could've had a Ford Fiesta but I wanted my Sunbeam Lotus and my Alfa Sud. Enjoy you're blade, weather as a collectors piece or as a working tool, it's what you've but value in and that's why we moved from stone tools to metal, as folk put store in precious items.
Cheers,
GB.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE

Yes, but what you have got to remember is that most of the anti Woodlore comment makers are usually closet wannabe Woodlore owners, it's an iconic blade with a superb pedigree from one of the best makers in the business, enjoy using it, and kudos to you.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Yes, but what you have got to remember is that most of the anti Woodlore comment makers are usually closet wannabe Woodlore owners, it's an iconic blade with a superb pedigree from one of the best makers in the business, enjoy using it, and kudos to you.

+1 for that comment. Myers13 you enjoy your new knife mate. It'd be great to one days see some pictures of it in use. Good on ya for buying it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE