Woodlore hootchie guy lines: What are they?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
Virus Killer, NO they are not Purlon, looks like purlon, its waterproof and a very stable rope and tough, made Specificly for The Australian Army, Navy, Australian& New Zealand SAS. Good stuff, but rare over here, plenty in Aussie land. if you know someone going to Australia, get them to buy a roll or two, weight in Gold in my IMHO.
Cheers.
Prulon is cheap does the job and thats; what its for but !rubbish!

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
does it realy matter if its the stuf ray uses? imo if it was a well known trusted brand they would have said on woodlaws website. personaly i would go for one of marlow's cords. there ropes are very hard wearing and strong. also you will be supporting a brittish company :)

same goes for 550 para cord, why? imo its way over rated, it streches making it useless for bows etc and its not that hard wearing

pete

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
does it realy matter if its the stuf ray uses?

pete

Of course it doesn't; it just so happens that what he offers us through Woodlore is very good and works well. It's not as though RM has his initials woven into every strand of the cordage he sells. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that - we may suddenly find him beaming out at us from the end of the cords...:eek:

It has always frustrated me that the braided cord that is available from them seems so hard to get hold of.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Virus Killer, NO they are not Purlon, looks like purlon, its waterproof and a very stable rope and tough, made Specificly for The Australian Army, Navy, Australian& New Zealand SAS. Good stuff, but rare over here, plenty in Aussie land. if you know someone going to Australia, get them to buy a roll or two, weight in Gold in my IMHO.
Cheers.
Prulon is cheap does the job and thats; what its for but !rubbish!

True they sell it at my local army and navy store:D

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Got mine coming by air from my mate in Adelaide but I'm sure there's shops down there who will happily post it direct to the UK, to you folks with credit cards (I'm not safe with one I'm told, sniff). In the past I've had plenty of stuff from army stores down under, just now it works out better for me if I trade with my mates rather than buy direct.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE