Woodlore Fundamental Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dr Onion

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
By Yon Bonnie Banks
Evening peeps!

My Dear Lady (Swarley) and myself have just returned from a week in a forest with 16 like-minded people and I must say that we had an absolute ball!

The weather wasn't the greatest but we only had big old fat rain for 1 day solid and the rest was intermittent at best. The weather was not greatly on our minds though as we were kept busy enough that we were barely able to think 2 minutes ahead of ourselves for the most part, which I kinda liked.

The 3 instructors were fantastic - very knowledgable, interesting and funny. My thanks to Paul, Rob and James - especially to James and Rob who made me skin a rabbit that was not only shot through the gut but a rabbit that had had a totally full bowel which exploded everywhere! Nice one fellas! ;) :D

The course itself was nicely paced - they kept you very busy and constantly doing projects - either out in the field or under the main camp parachute - of course you could do as much or as little as you wanted to and I would say that most of us were quite happy to carve our spoon or make fishhooks in our "spare" time just to get the projects finished.

The group we were with were excellent and I'm sure we will speak to (if not meet up with) some of them again. We defnitely gelled as a group and everyone was more than happy to help each other out. We all recognised our strengths and weaknesses (mine were making feather sticks and bowdrill respectively!) and helped each other out when it was necessary.

Not much else to report other than a great time was had by all, we learned a lot and my thanks again to Paul, Rob and James. :You_Rock_

Nice one!

Graeme

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE