Woodlore Canada Jay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grayfox

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
North West Lancashire
Having not bought a new sleeping bag for a number of years I am considering the Woodlore Canada Jay or possibly one of the other Woodlore bags. (I believe they are actually made by Nanok)

Does anyone have any experience of these bags and or comments.

Thanks in advance.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Good bags.

I had the Golden Eagle,only sold it 'cos I got the US Marine modular system and had a snugpak sf bag.

Only used it once but certainly no complaints.

The Jay will be some size remember.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've used them for a couple of years along with other Nanoks, great sleeping bags. The Woodlore site is very conservative about the seasons rating too and I've used an Osprey in the Winter with no problems. The Canada Jay is very hot in Spring and Autumn, and almost intolerable. The Golden Eagle has the greatest diversity if you are only going for one, and I've seen Ray use this in Namibia :eek:(must have slept on top of it). The quality is as you'd expect from Woodlore. They are not small bags though.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
... and they have Ray Mears written in bloody big letters on the end

My cat never complained :D

bad_cat027.jpg

I have used the 'Golden Eagle' in very cold conditions (- 40) and it was fine, the 'Canada Jay' must be for trips to the north pole. :)

I have a few of the Nanok bags too (Endurance 0 & -10), the Woodlore bags are better designed and are fitted with higher quality zips.

More info in this earlier thread.

Last edited:

Grayfox

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
North West Lancashire
Hmm

After the replies here and re-reading the spec I think perhaps the Jay might be case of too much gun. I'll probably go for the Golden Eagle as more appropriate.

Thanks for your replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE