Woodlore alternative

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikaelMazz

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2007
The United States Of America
I have been thinking of getting a new fixed blade knife for a wile now but could not find one with that utilitarian and organic look to it and also a good reputation with a good steel. I came acrost the Ray Mears woodlore knife and I like it. The wood handle the 01 steel the single bevel come together to make a very usefull and attractive knife. But even if I hade the 250 euros (thats 340 US dollors to me) I would not want to spent that much on a knife. I am only 17 and I cannot get a job cause I live far out of town and I have no transportation so convincing my parents to lend me 340 dollors for a knife would be an imposible task.
So is there an alturnative to this knife that cost less but has the same qualities? I looked on ebay but they seem to cost more there than any where else. http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cach...wItem+woodlore+bevel&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us
Thanks,
Mikael

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
hey bruce letto ,that site you but but a link to looks good..not a bad priced knive ,i've sent an email to ask i see some more pictures of the knive as the couple of pictures on the web page are not that good...if i get some i'll show them on this site a soon as i get them.
:) :) ;)

MikaelMazz

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2007
The United States Of America
Thanks everyone, I am looking into the SWC kits. I like to make what I use from scratch but making a knife would cost me and I would probably wind up with a not so good knife. I am more familiar with wood so I like the ida of doing the handle. If I do decide to get it I am worried that it will have trouble getting through costumes and I will have to pay extra. I geuss I better start saving.
Again thanks for all the replies.
Mikael

P

PWork

Since you are in the States, you might want to check out www.ragweedforge.com
Many quality blades to choose from, and most aren't very expensive at all.
The SWC would be a fine choice too. I'd like to have one myself.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
I think that as you are in the States you should look stateside. America is the best place to get a knife pricewise and some of the best makers are there. You could get a custom knife made to your own specks for a fraction of the price it would cost here!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE