Woodland boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The mad welshman

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2012
Louth. Lincs
hay guys
I've just come by some leather from a guy in work..he just got him self a new sofa..so I was wondering if any body has any pattens..? im thinking along the lines of knee lenth with a fold over flap..Robin Hood style

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
You can download patterns for moccasin style shoes online very cheaply which are that kind of thing, coming right up the leg, you'll probably need to get hold of some much thicker leather for the soles though as ordinary sofa leather I wouldn't have thought would stand up to the job. Some thick veg tan would probably do with the leather uppers. Hth

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I have a beautiful but very well worn out pair, just the type you describe. I bought them from a traveller in 1982. I will one day get round to making a new pair and taking this pair apart to use as a pattern. They are so comfy I have been known to keep them on for days at a time, even sleeping in them. You will need much thicker leather than you have. Even thicker for the soles. Everything is stitched.

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Your idea is OK, but your materials would end in something a bit "panto" - I think you'd need something much heftier as the guys have said.

Mind you, I'm all for channelling your inner Errol Flynn

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE