Wooden Camp Chair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Well, being in Canada near the Boreal forests here, I do have the wood. No chestnut but pine and cedar... I think I'd be looking for something disposable, something I could use for a few days at most. If I get brave enough in the summer to try something, I'll submit photos!

Mungo

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
In my area there are several large trees of various species which have been brought down in the high winds. Ihope to retrieve a couple of trunk sections which I can try and split to make the seat. It will be such a shame to see all this timber wasted
Chas

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Can't remember where, but I'm sure I saw something 'round here somewhere indicating that about 80% of the endangered species in Britain live in dead wood. It's not wasted. Nothing is ever wasted by nature.

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi Dunc
I do not intend depriving the wildlife far from it I have several piles of logs left to rot in my garden for the benefit of the wildlife. What I hope to do is rescue some suitable pieces from woodburning stoves or council tips. Most of the trees I am talking about are on roadways or pavements. If I can not find suitable pieces for the chair I will look for some spoon or kuksa making material.
Chas :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE