Woodburner £72 delivered

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The welding doesn't look too cracking on the pics (one of them especially), but i suppose thats a trivial matter on one of these. It does look decent value for money for what it is.

CBarker

Aug 17, 2010
MK
The review about a ladies husband put in hospital from the fumes is a bit worrying!! do I smell an Amazonian troll though...?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hard to believe as happened while it was lit in the garden. Not gonna get hospitalised through that.... in a tent maybe... but the garden? just doesn't ring true.

The review about a ladies husband put in hospital from the fumes is a bit worrying!! do I smell an Amazonian troll though...?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
No idea if its any good but perhaps others have experience.

I have first hand knowledge and unless it's been significantly modified since mine was made ... it's truly, truly awful!

Doesn't draw well and the way the flue pipes fit onto rather than into the one below means that any tarring (and there'll be plenty!) has a tendency to run down the outside of the pipe (and, unless you disassemble whilst still reasonably warm, the tarring gums the seams solid ~ and then you end up with tarry hands ...).

I've tried to cook on it too ... was like waiting for the sun to go nova!

I think there are (or, at least, were) two sizes available ~ we seem to see the larger version advertised. I'm pretty sure that both sizes use the same door, venting and flue size and on the smaller one in their vid seems they work nicely, on the larger one they're dire :( .

On the up side ... erm ... sorry, can't think of one :eek: .

Last edited:

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Well they are used by one of the aid distributers to disaster areas

http://www.youngshelterbox.org/inside.php

shelter_inside_new.jpg

And we all know how fussy they can be with kit selection.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
And you tried selling it on to me?

Aye, but only at the point where I realised that I didn't get on with it ;) and long before I got to the realisation that I had truly given myself enough time (and it enough chances) and the realisation dawned on me that it really was it which was at fault and that it's true vocation in this universe is as something to stop the garage from floating away :D . And, to be honest, it's rather poor at that too! :rofl:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE