wood stove warpage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 11, 2021
Waterford Ireland
I got one of varustelekas metal wood stoves two weeks ago. I've used it twice once with damp wood in a small fire and the second time with seasoned stuff on both occasions it didn't get very hot but creaked and appears to have warped quite a bit .Am i doing something wrong ? I can still use it but I don't know if i should keep using it .The bottom also has developed a bump. Does anyone else have any experience with these?

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Have you got one of their folding little stoves - i.e. https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-wood-stove/34410 ?

If so, i don't have experience of that one, but I have used varioius other stoves of similar design and construction, and they will all warp to some extent - that being the nature of the beast with such thin steel. You certainly arent doing anything wrong (unless you are burning thermite or something in it!) and i wouldnt have thought that your stove is damaged - presumably if it gets really bad, a little remedial work with a rubber mallet will resolve!

Jul 11, 2021
Waterford Ireland
Have you got one of their folding little stoves - i.e. https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-wood-stove/34410 ?

If so, i don't have experience of that one, but I have used varioius other stoves of similar design and construction, and they will all warp to some extent - that being the nature of the beast with such thin steel. You certainly arent doing anything wrong (unless you are burning thermite or something in it!) and i wouldnt have thought that your stove is damaged - presumably if it gets really bad, a little remedial work with a rubber mallet will resolve!
Yeah you're right it is the nature of it. i asked an actual stove fitter and he said that thin metal would warp .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE