Wood burning stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bush tycoon

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2010
Essex
After buying a polish army tent this week and looking at the number of wood burning stoves people have made to go inside them i am wondering if anyone has any plans available on how to make one pererably the ammo box type.

also what is the best way to insulate the tent from the chimney?

Many thanks

Jack

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Best thing ive found to insulate the tent is to get a ss container around 50mm larger dia than the chimney/flue.

Cut the bottom off so its a tube, slide over and work out where you need to drill for bolts. Tap and die or arrange nuts/bolts three at each end to allow the chimney to sit centrally inside the container.

Assemble the stove and chimney out of one of the arm holes and button up the hole around the ss container.

The air around the pipe will take most of the heat away, and as the canvas is ..canvas it will withstand the remaining heat produced.

See this http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46685&highlight=stove and look at post 15, but ive got a bigger ratio between the chimney and the shield with the AT-AT Stove.

:)

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Aye, Addos about right, works great for mine too, if its still too hot drill more holes to cool the metal down.

hpim0697e.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE