Women in Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
OK, here goes.

There ARE Bushcraft Chix out there!

Yes we DO exist!

I have set up a little Facebook group for any of you ladies who would be interested...

Just let me know via PM or friend me on facebook.

188441_10200275089193979_1534529694_n.jpg

Last edited:

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Hello!

A woman into bushcraft, but not a facebook user.

At the recent BCUK Kent Group meetup, 4/7ths of those who turned up are female. There are more women in Bushcraft than some may think...

J

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Good luck with your group Susanne. :)

Just a observation it might be better for you not to post your email address publicly as it can be grabbed by spammers

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Good luck with your group :)
I have to echo Mesquites concerns about posting your email so publicly though...
I love the coat!

Hello!

A woman into bushcraft, but not a facebook user.

At the recent BCUK Kent Group meetup, 4/7ths of those who turned up are female. There are more women in Bushcraft than some may think...

J

That is the thing...there are so many awesome women out there!

The idea is not at all to make it some kind of special interest group or be all "WO-MAN" about it....more to celebrate and share.

:)

Good luck with your group :)
I have to echo Mesquites concerns about posting your email so publicly though...
I love the coat!

You guys are right... I will adjust that in my post.

Thank you!

Yeah the coat is awesome. Fur riding coat with a big split up the back. Really made for the outdoors....

This was a "No-plastics" challenge. The only thing synthetic in the whole setup was the soles of my boots...

I do this once every season - to keep traditions alive.

Nope...not even a head torch.

This one was Winter (about -10c or so)

:)

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
"This was a "No-plastics" challenge. The only thing synthetic in the whole setup was the soles of my boots..."
Yea I like doing that kind of thing too - all self made "Iron Age gear except for the hat which was a gift :)
041.jpg
Note the shoes....

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Swmbo is a woodswoman , we are backwoods together often. She doesn't do kitebook though .....
paqe2ynu.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
There needs to be more women in my bushcraft life for sure, up here women seem only interested in drinking smoking, what passes for fashion and tv programs between 7 and 9pm, every time i talk to them i feel like i am meeting a new alien species that little bit more screwed up than the last time i spoke with one, don't get me started on fake eye lashes again

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE