Woman Missing 12 Years Found Living In Wood!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
youd think that if shes been there over a year, her camp would be a little bit more than a lightweight tarp. . . that pic of her camp just dont quite fit somehow

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hey Xylaria

I grew up near Wolves and remember that old guy who lived on the central reservation. Whatever happened to him? He seemed pretty scary! ( Still I was only about 8!)
Ed

:( Well he had a good innings:( :sadwavey:

I left wolves in 96, and he had an horrid rasping cough, and the GP that would go out to see him was really worried that he wouldn't survive another winter. Still 87 is longer than than most house people live. I do feel that in some way that people like him bring out the humanity in a community. His home was only noticable if you got stuck in traffic jam and you looked really hard.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
youd think that if shes been there over a year, her camp would be a little bit more than a lightweight tarp. . . that pic of her camp just dont quite fit somehow

I'm not sure it is a picture of her actual camp,it does look rather like a generic lightweight camp that's way too clean to have been used for very long.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I'm not sure it is a picture of her actual camp,it does look rather like a generic lightweight camp that's way too clean to have been used for very long.

well int hat update it said "her knee high construction could easily have been mistaken for a pile of junk" so it looks like she actually had a permanent construction.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
My fear for her would be if they want to keep her in a 'nice institution' they would probably have to sedate her to make her remain. That would be the greatist sadness, a person who has not placed any financial pressure on society around her, forced to be a burden to the community that takes her in. That and the loss of the sense of personal freedom.

I would love to know what kit she used sleeping bag etc, etc.

Sandsnakes

Thats very unlikely to happen. Like xylia said - they would have prove she is a danger to herself and others, and besides, institutions really do not exist now, not for the likes of people with mild mental health issues.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I found a bloke in middle of hampsted heath in london, when I was a teenager. I was searching for mushrooms when the ground gave way, and collapsed up to about my knee height. There was some sort plastic rubber sheet like what ponchos are made of under the leaf litter. The "owner" popped up very quickly and made some quip about me breaking into his house. I must of looked really scared, he starting joking that he should of built it better and such. He must of being ex-special services, or at least very creative, this shelter was invisible. He didn't look like he had a drink or drug problem, just very weathered. I thought at the time what cool way to live, life with no rules except natures, with none of the normal hassle of being homeless.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Firecrest I do agree, but it does rather depend on what form of depression 'they' decide she has. It would be assumed by many that as she wants to wander off and escape 'reality' that it is a condition that will respond to medication. The nature of being a free spirit is lost on the mental health authorities I am afraid.

I still would love to know what kit she used!

Sandsnakes

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
erdloch-frau-vor-huette-11313900-mbqf,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=227.jpg

Waldfrau_250.jpg

This is what she was living in. She had an old sleeping bag (after 12 years it would be old!) and she slept on plastic sacks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE