winter tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
My Seekoutside 8-man tipi, Ti stove and 10ft chimney weigh approximately 11 lbs (5kg) IN TOTAL, and pack down pretty small. And yes, it kept me warm and dry in the Arctic in winter!
Hope you don't mind me asking but how much for this type of set up please?
Sounds perfect for solo trekking in the boreals ...

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Hope you don't mind me asking but how much for this type of set up please?
Sounds perfect for solo trekking in the boreals ...

Ah - now you're talking significant dosh! Check out https://seekoutside.com/ They do a bundle - tent, sXL stove and half-liner for $1500....

For solo trekking, they do smaller tent set-ups - eg 4-man tipi plus large stove and half-liner for $1129. I didn't have the liner in mine. Weight of 4-man tipi (no liner but flyscreens on both doors) plus medium stove, damper, spark arrestor, 7.5ft of stovepipe and a nice stovebag is 5lb 1 oz.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Ah - now you're talking significant dosh! Check out https://seekoutside.com/ They do a bundle - tent, sXL stove and half-liner for $1500....

For solo trekking, they do smaller tent set-ups - eg 4-man tipi plus large stove and half-liner for $1129. I didn't have the liner in mine. Weight of 4-man tipi (no liner but flyscreens on both doors) plus medium stove, damper, spark arrestor, 7.5ft of stovepipe and a nice stovebag is 5lb 1 oz.
Wow!
Nice set up though, I've just been on the website having a look...
Only just stopped drooling!
:)
I was thinking light enough for me and dog solo (and kids in a couple more years) and indeed the 4 man looks perfect.

I might have to start selling some kit...
😦😤

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
This be my one! Snowtrekker EXP Crew with a FourDogs Titanium stove and flue.

Last edited:

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
What tent is uncle Ray using here ? :)

[video=youtube;pJHGAytbOVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJHGAytbOVk[/video]

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
For the size of it I would say its a little small to do it with comfort. Also they are quite heavy for their size. Have you thought about a Bergans 4 - 6 lavvo? They weigh around 4 to 5kg but can sleep 3 people very comfortability.

I just saw a view of how to make it , so I think I'll try to make a diy version of mine , will keep this thread updated when I'm done !

forest_girl

Forager
Nov 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I recently got the seek outside Cimmaron with medium stove as an early christmas present - This model weights only 2.5kg so I can use it backpacking, but you can't stand up in it and more than one person would be a squeeze, though two people would probably just about fit if you were careful around the stove. Its also significantly cheaper than any of the other hot tent bundles that seek outside make. I have found having a wood stove really makes the difference when winter camping. Knowing that when you finish the day you can dry off and warm up is great for moral and being able to warm up first thing in the morning is great too. I'm taking mine up to the Cairngorms in a few weeks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE