Winter Solitude

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Here's some recent pics of winter in the northern part of the province of Saskatchewan.
Almost 9:00 Am, sunrise soon
IMG_2544.jpg

Here's an open area near a muskeg showing the tracks of ptarmigan
IMG_2522.jpg

Crossing a lake with fog in the distance
IMG_2514.jpg

A pack of wolves has passed by recently
IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

More ptarmigan sign at the edge of a lake. A spring can be seen in the centre of the pic
IMG_2552.jpg

A closer view of the spring. The sand swirls about like macaroni boiling in a pot
IMG_2615.jpg

Here a river is wide open despite temperatures in the minus 20's, surprising considering the current is not that strong
IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

The moon coming up in an old burned area. This is mostly jack pine country, along with areas of black spruce
IMG_2558.jpg

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
absolutely stunning,...

the last one especially for me,..

its rare we see a moon rise like that,...

thanks for sharing your day

Stu...

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
That just loks awesome...

Winter has already started to retreat here; thaw, wet snow and birds singing all over the place!

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I'm not jealous this time :) as we had a good winter this year, lasted about 9 days but looked very similar to your corner of the world, if you replace the wolf tracks with those of fox that is :D...I've posted a couple of threads on this out & about forum about it :eek:

You've taken some fantastc photos there, beautiful ! :You_Rock_

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Thank you very much indeed for sharing that with us. Just those few those shots of one morning are simply wonderful, we'll just have to try to imagine what the rest of it must be like. Seen the aurorae lately?

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Thanks to all for your kind words. I really like showing pictures of the places I love and am glad others enjoy them as well, just as I like seeing pics of your part of the world. Sharing what we love is what it's all about!:D

Seen the aurorae lately?

Yes, it's quite common but unfortunately I haven't taken any pics:confused:I'm really at a loss as to why not but I'll certainly try to rectify that:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE