Winter predictions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Im going to say unseasonably warm till just after Christmas, then the gulf stream will cut out plunging northern Europe into an icy hell . Followed by a massive meteorite impact in April triggering off the super volcano in yellow stone around mid may. All this combined corssing a world wide ice age and the end of the world as we know it .
#
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I think I'd settle for just a bit colder - an ice age is a bit much

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Being a country dweller, the townies automatically expect you to be a natural at this sort of thing. Hence my predictions often run along the lines of "Well tonight its going to get dark and by next summer it'll be warming up again!"
Up to now we've had it very mild, we were certainly into our third maybe fourth snowfall by this time last year. I recon the law of averages and "regression to the mean" we can expect the winter to hit harder the longer this mild spell goes on. It does look as though this will be the first Non White Christmas since we moved back to Wales, five years ago.
On a personal note, general outlook - snow and heavy frosts causing traffic mayhem in late January/early Febuary, locally (Mid Wales) a late onset for spring and another very dry summer.

Ogri the trog

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I am intrigued......Some of you mention that the weather is going to do this, that and the other, because the berries, leaves, keys etc are still on the trees, or were on for longer than usual, whatever......Surely this only indicates what the weather has been doing, not what it is going to do....How can trees predict the future........????

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Jon Pickett said:
I am intrigued......Some of you mention that the weather is going to do this, that and the other, because the berries, leaves, keys etc are still on the trees, or were on for longer than usual, whatever......Surely this only indicates what the weather has been doing, not what it is going to do....How can trees predict the future........????

Who knows, but seems like they can. :confused:

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
So far my prediction is pretty much right on the mark. Little snow before Christmas. I believe that the Northern part of the Gulf Stream is now shutting down for a few weeks.

Heard a prediction that it's going to stay very cold all of February. It's quite cold here now, not unseasonally so however. I think the worst (best) is yet to come. :D

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
It's strange as I was thinking about this thread the other day on hearing that we should expect a cold February.

I find it quite surprising a number of people here were predicting January to be mild and then February to be cold. Own up then, whose got the crystal ball?:240:

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Jon Pickett said:
How can trees predict the future........????

It's not that the tree can predict the future, its because birds and animals would normally have stripped the fruits from the branches. The fact the fruit wasn't suggested that they had been gaining food from somewhere else, but they had started to eat the 'hard times' food which suggests a change in the weather heading to harder times ahead.

So trees can predict the weather, kind of anyway ;)

GW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE