Winter hang in Norway

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
Last weekend I did my first hammock hang in winter, and the second hang of my life. Thought the vid is a good intro to who I am. New on the forum so please spank me if I post in the wrong place. The vids are just something I do for fun and is part of my motivation for going out there. Hop you will enjoy it. Anyway, filmed near my home in Harstad, Norway.

[video=youtube;KCNSmQkSQc0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCNSmQkSQc0[/video]

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Awesome video of someone really in their element. That hammock looked cozy! What bag are you using? Cheers for the vid bud

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
What a coincidence Bumbler, I just checked some of your vids out today on youtube, been looking at a lot of vids lately lol, nice to have you here.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
I am using an Isbjørn jan Mayen sleeping bag. It's rated down to -40 extreme temp, with a comfort temp of -22. So the just below zero temps I had on that trip is no match for it.
I actually woke up sweating and was worried it would be a cold morning as I was in my underwear dry kit, and my wet kit was...well, wet :)

But opened up the bag for some ventilation and woke up nice and dry :)

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
What a coincidence Bumbler, I just checked some of your vids out today on youtube, been looking at a lot of vids lately lol, nice to have you here.

Thats nice. Making the vids are a good motivation to go get out there. I am physically in terrible shape. So the doorstep mile is very long some times :)

Davidn

Forager
Jan 19, 2009
Sussex
Nice video, looks like a lot of fun, hopefully the young one will follow in your footsteps!
My seven year old daughter isn't a fan of camping but thinks the hammock is great, so I live in hope.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
We will see. He is only 2,5 years old, and is scared of earth worms and the moon. Else is is doing okay outside. In the vid he had already packed away one hot dog and was waiting for the next when he slonked off. It was his nap time anyway, sp I just put him in the pulk and dragged him home to his mom :)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Hi Bumbler :

I was hanging not far from you last week near Abisko. There's a couple of guys on Hammock Forums from Harstad too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE