Winter Courses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaymondo

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 29, 2003
East Sussex
Hello all,

Great site. Just wondering if there was anyone who could recommend a
good weekend winter skills course based in the Lakes. Looking to cover
all the basics such as crampon and ice axe use, ropes, emergency shelters etc. I've found a few sites on the net but nothing beats a personal recommendation. Thanks in advance.

Jay.

Jaymondo

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 29, 2003
East Sussex
Thanks for your reply Gary. I want to do some winter camping and bushcraft and have knowledge of winter travel, but want to get some more technical experience. The weekend course is due to finances and time constraints. Do you have a source of info on the Mountain leaders
course for future reference.

Cheers

Jay.

Jon

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 28, 2003
England, half way down
I have to agree with Sargey, the National Mountain Centre at Plas Y Brenin is second-to-none in the world. I used to earn my living as a climbing instructor and I have only ever heard the highest praise for the centre and its instructors.
You ask about the Mountain Leader Course, it is a national qualification for those wanting to take inexperienced people walking in the mountains. It assumes that the candidates are already experienced walkers and concentrates on the skills needed to look after a group. The training and the assessment is carried out at many differant centres.

Plas Y Brenin will certainly run this scheme but if you are looking to enhance your own skills they run a range of courses in Walking, Climbing, Mountaineering, Canoeing etc at levels from beginers to veteran.

Go for it, you will have a good time and be learning from the best.

Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE