Windscreen - advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Vango do several different ones. I have an aluminium one I've been using since 1979! Big square thing with 3 sides. If it's realy windy I use stones or spare pegs to keep it in place. No idea what make it is. But it's always with me. Folds flat and sits at the bottom of a kit bag or down the back of a rucksack. Probably still good for another 30 years!

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I use one of those folding windshields.
It packs nice and flat and is durable enough.
Not sure what make it is - had it donkey's years. But it's a pretty universal design.
As Woody Girl says, when it's particularly windy I use a couple of spare pegs on the inside to stop the wind blowing it in:

48786164986_4817a64b43_z.jpg

I'd say 'I'd buy another one' but I've had this one so long and it's still in perfect condition (despite a bit of colour) that I can't see myself needing to buy another. Not for some time anyway.

Mulloch

Mar 24, 2019
UK
The screen pictured in post 6 works great and has its own bag to keep the rest of your gear clean. Ive been using mine the other way up, so that the pins can be pushed into the ground and fuel line passes under the cut outs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE