wind up torch

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
got a ring wind up torch with led bulbs at xmas from the wife (beats socks i suppose) what a fantastic bit of kit its light smallish quite bright aswell for what it is and best of all never needs batteries

CheeseMonster

Forager
Dec 11, 2006
Shropshire
I got one also as a random present off a family friend. Surprisingly bright and you get around 30 mins for around a minutes wind time. A handy back up when the batteries die on you!

I don't know where mine came from but since then I have seen some around (T J Hughes - £5) and other places.

Pipistrelle

Tenderfoot
Jun 18, 2006
England (North West)
You can get a hand squeeze ratchet version about the size of plating card pack at B&M £1.99 check to see if they work before you buy but they work really well and are really light. I have two, I wish they made head torches, where you could wind them up with a ratchet in your pocket. :red:

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
taunton leisure for under £13 i think carnt be sure of the price
but its wickedly bright and the battery torch is a backup now

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Pipistrelle said:
You can get a hand squeeze ratchet version about the size of plating card pack at B&M £1.99 check to see if they work before you buy but they work really well and are really light. I have two, I wish they made head torches, where you could wind them up with a ratchet in your pocket. :red:
I would be careful not to do this in public though :lmao:

Pipistrelle

Tenderfoot
Jun 18, 2006
England (North West)
fred gordon said:
I would be careful not to do this in public though :lmao:

Yes, I may get some funny looks, I have been chuckling away at the notion for about 10 mins now....

Picture the scene, standing in the woods seeing someones frantic pocket ratchetting as the torch light fades on their head. Then suddenly the light is bright again and a flushed individual standing there looking all pleased with themselves. ha, ha, ha. :lmao: it helps having a twisted imagination. :nutkick:

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I have the Mini Magic Torch:

c_i00002e.jpg

http://www.tclproducts.co.uk/c_000004.htm
(Second one down).

My boss has some strange obssesion with light so every year buys me a torch, candle or some other form of light emitting device. :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE