Willow Wands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Eldest did some gardening yesterday and saved a load of materials for me in the form of a stuff load of Willow wands, the picture below shows only about half of what he saved for me

ADSCF3643.jpg

So after we went for a walk this afternoon, he and i sat in the garden stripping the leaves off the willow and trimming the ends up and generally tidying the wands up, ready to go into storage for a little while, whilst i decided what type of basket I'm going to attempt to weave from them, bonus is, up the lakes i have a mass of willow that I'm cultivating in one spot for just this type of project, I'm just waiting for the leaves to drop in the autumn so i can get up there and harvest that lot too, looks like a busy winter of basket weaving beckons, well it will, once i have the other lot harvested and prepped.

ADSCF3659.jpg

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....I'm just waiting for the leaves to drop in the autumn so i can get up there and harvest that lot....

i'm guessing that you're waiting for the leaves to drop simply to make it a bit easier when it come to processing the wands once they've been cut. am i right, or is there some other reason that i'm not aware of?

thanks in advance

stuart

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
That's about the jist of it Stuart, just makes the processing so much easier & quicker

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Nice one! I look forward to seeing what you make with it.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I have a few ideas, just need to see how much i can harvest from the lakes, should be a fairly substantial amount, then i can draw up the project list

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE