Willow Creel Pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
This is my traditional willow creel or Cliabh in Gaelic.
Creels have been made in Scotland for thousands of years in many different styles, their traditional uses being for carrying things like peat, seaweed, tatties, and fish.
This beautiful creel was custom made for me by Jane Wilkinson (special branch baskets) and I have made the straps from Scottish Deerskin leather from the Woodland Tannery.

A pack that encompasses the history of Scotland, and Scottish craftspeople.

I'll be taking this out to the highlands soon for a real test as I aim to use it for my period kit. But for now, here it is photographed at the Scottish Crannog Centre :)

IMG_3296-12 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

IMG_3318-12 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

IMG_3323-12 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Curious, did you make this or purchase it? I would be interested in one, if you made it, was it from a design or your own making so to speak?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
That's quite inspirational.

I have an idea for a group activity in my wood where we trek to another camp but have to carry our gear in packs we make on site. A woven basket pack would be great albeit in our wood it would have to be hazel.

Where is Jane based Hamish?

Dreadhead

That's quite inspirational.

I have an idea for a group activity in my wood where we trek to another camp but have to carry our gear in packs we make on site. A woven basket pack would be great albeit in our wood it would have to be hazel.

Where is Jane based Hamish?

Braw mate. Jane is just an hour north of me in Alyth, and does run courses ;)

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Thanks, should have read it all, I was taken by the photo’s, I did a basket weaving course a couple of years ago and keep pondering about having ago at making one.

Dreadhead

I had this out for the first proper time the other week on a Pictish camp and it's surprisingly comfortable, though I do need to add a hip belt which is why I had it made so long in the first place
2b1b6057500793c917ff3b0695816496.jpg
b7549e672638fe9278098099d414c747.jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE